New Resort-Specific Merchandise arrives at Port Orleans

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

New Resort-Specific Merchandise arrives at Port Orleans

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

Update: Please see our new Resort-Specific Merchandise page for more details and lots more photos.

No sooner does the new year arrive than we are starting to see some brand new resort-specific merchandise arrive at the Port Orleans shops. After years of waiting, this is a very welcome sign of a change in direction from Disney. So far we've received some pictures and prices of the range on display in Fulton's General Store at Port Orleans Riverside, and presumably there are similar items over at French Quarter too.

These three pictures were recently posted by @Schmoofy, out there in the Twitterverse:

And DISboards user FelisLachesis has just added some more photos and checked the prices:

Image Image

Plus the products which were previously available:

Image Image

Prices (plus sales tax):
Mug: $14.95
Baseball cap: $19.95
Throw: $74.95
Ornament: $14.95
Pictures: 5"x7" (in 8x10 frame) $35, 3"x5" (in 5x7 frame) $25
Trading pin (blue level): $8.95

Update on January 10th:

More great photos from Bret+ (@Schmoofy on Twitter) of French Quarter items:

RiverRooster

Re: New Resort-Specific Merchandise arrives at Port Orleans

Unread post by RiverRooster »

Ball cap is $19.95.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

RiverRooster wrote:Ball cap is $19.95.
Thanks, post updated. I assume you are wearing one now. :)

Do you know if there is anything different over at French Quarter?

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
catrancher

Unread post by catrancher »

I'm absolutely delighted to see this kind of merchandise coming back!

While it's in tatters and I no longer wear it, I still have a couple of my old Polo Shirts from back in the Dixie Landing days. I've been hoping that they'd bring back resort specific merchandise and get rid of the generic stuff that you can get anywhere. Guess I'll be doing a lot of shopping come this June!

Tom
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

More great photos from Bret+ (@Schmoofy on Twitter) of French Quarter items:

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
MardiGroggy

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

Cool!!! I was hoping that the French Quarter merchandise would be different from the Riverside items, not just the same thing with the names changed. No hats or throws for FQ? I hope this stuff sells like hotcakes, so they keep adding more items, particularly clothing (shirts, hoodies, etc.). I get tired of seeing the same stuff at all the different locations. I'm from the "old days" when Disney had more variety that included products that weren't all Disney themed. Anyone remember the old Pendleton store at Disneyland, or when they had more country specific, non-Disney products available in the EPCOT World Showcase countries? My wife used to always get a new sweater from Norway, or some woolen stuff from the British shops. Also wondering if they will do the resort merchandise at other locations. I'd have to browse the other resort stores then, too. The adventure continues! :)
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
Thorpy

Unread post by Thorpy »

Not at riverside this year..but I will now certainly be wandering over to buy myself a mug :D
pdrazine

Unread post by pdrazine »

As of 2/7/15 the mugs at POR are sold out. Hopefully, they will get more, but when someone is shopping for me, I don't think I'll be getting one for a long time.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

I've now created a new permanent Resort-Specific Merchandise page with more details and extra photos.

Andre
Stephen

Unread post by Stephen »

Andre, the new Resort-Specific Merchandise page is great. Only another 48 days and we'll be there. Can't wait to buy some of the new resort mechandise.