Photos of temporary food court at POFQ, July 2016

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Photos of temporary food court at POFQ, July 2016

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

The temporary food location, in place during the current refurbishment work of the main food court, is located in the old Bonfamille's Cafe area as expected, and is thus quite a bit smaller than the normal food court. To provide for the maximum seating capacity they can (which appears to be around 20 tables) you order your food at two registers and cast members bring it out from the kitchens directly to your table (rather like the quick service system in use at the Be Our Guest restaurant, but without the magic roses). This means that no Create-Your-Own options are available. See below photos for menus.

There are chilled grab'n'go cabinets too, plus two Coca Cola Freestyle machines and coffee machines for use with your refillable mugs. Tables in Wonderland cards are accepted, as is the Quick Service Dining Plan. Extra transportation between French Quarter and Riverside is available should you prefer to use the full food court there.

The automated player piano in the lobby has been removed for the time being to allow better access, but otherwise Scat Cat's Club is operating as normal (including evening entertainment).

The refurbishment work is expected to continue into the Fall, and should be completed sometime before Thanksgiving.

Some photos have been uploaded by NCDisneyMom from the POFQ thread on the DISboards (she apologises for the focus in some of them, it was a bit dark to get good shots). Thanks for the update:

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Zevs

Re: Photos of temporary food court at POFQ, July 2016

Unread post by Zevs »

I don't see any snack icons on the menus. Do they still offer items that qualify as snacks for the dining plans?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, all of the items which used to fall into the DDP snack category still do.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Dean Simms

Unread post by Dean Simms »

I just returned from a 10 day stay at the French quarter and I thought the temporary food court was great. I never had to wait for anything and they bring the food right to your table. It was great.