05-Apr-2009

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

05-Apr-2009

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

The UK Walt Disney Travel Company has recently been informing guests that Port Orleans Riverside will soon be removing all of the trundle beds from its Alligator Bayou rooms, citing that as these beds are so small the company has been receiving too many complaints about them.

In an attempt to clarify the situation, on March 19th I called the resort directly and after a little persuasion managed to get an answer passed on from the Office Operations Manager at Riverside who said (and I quote) “there is no way that they are going to get rid of the trundle beds.”

As the rumour still seemed to be spreading, on April 5th I called the UK Walt Disney Travel Company and at first the agent repeated their original information — i.e. that Riverside can no longer accept bookings for more than four people. However, when I asked if she could check again on the source of that information, she eventually came back to me saying that it is not the actual resort that has the limitation, but that “our UK partners are not contracted to be able to book those rooms”. She said that five-person bookings can definitely still be made with the US booking office, just not via the UK booking line.

Hopefully that will put everyone’s mind at rest for the time being at least. If anyone working at the resort can provide any further information, please get in touch.