Port Orleans Riverside tentative refurbishment dates

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Port Orleans Riverside tentative refurbishment dates

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

The following tentative refurbishment dates come from what should normally be a reliable source of information, but they seem very much at odds with the other details floating around from cast members at the moment. I guess these dates would only make sense if the Alligator Bayou buildings are going to be slotted in during the same time frame? Anyway, until work actually commences this is all merely speculation and should be treated as such.

Acadian House: 19 June - 29 July 2011
Magnolia Terrace: 24 July - 2 September 2011
Parterre Place: 8 January 2012 - 17 February 2012
Oak Manor: 12 February - 23 March 2012

[Update: these dates actually tie in very well with the recently announced news of the Royal themed rooms, which would explain the changes from some earlier rumoured dates and they do now seem a lot more likely to be accurate. Another online posting has indicated that the first Alligator Bayou sections may commence work in July too]
ilovedisney

Re: Port Orleans Riverside tentative refurbishment dates

Unread post by ilovedisney »

Thanks for the info on refirb schedule. Has anyone seen any artist drawings of what new Riverside rooms will look like? It seems there were some for FQ before renovations started.
Also I wonder why the big gap in dates.

Going back in Aug, and hope i get a new room. Magnolia Bend is my fav, but doesn't look like it will be open for mid Aug, unless they open up part of the building?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Port Orleans Riverside tentative refurbishment dates

Unread post by Admin »

There's no artwork available as yet. There wasn't anything leaked for POFQ until fairly close to when the rooms were opened, so we're really all just waiting on tenterhooks to see when they actually do start work - 2nd May, or end of May (both starting with Parterre) or 19 June (starting with Acadian)? Personally, Parterre Place makes much more sense to me (in the same way that they started with the outer building, 7, at POFQ), but we'll just have to wait and see...

A .
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -