Royal Guest Room Progress Update (with a few photos)

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Royal Guest Room Progress Update (with a few photos)

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

I've received an email from a resort guest who has just got back after visiting Port Orleans Riverside, and while they were at POR they took an evening stroll over to Oak Manor and reported back the following Royal Guest Room progress update (information as of Friday 24 February):
Third floor rooms are near completion with all the decor apparently complete. They just need TVs, bed covers, blankets, pillows and cases.

Second floor rooms are further behind. They have carpet on the floor, mattresses in rooms, some furniture like bench seat, chairs, table, chandelier, main light fixture and head boards, plus apparently all bathroom fixtures and furniture.

First [Ground] floor rooms have just carpet done on about 65% of the building, with about 35% still getting removal of old decor.

In my opinion not going to be done on time at all - maybe third floor, but that is only how many rooms?
Remember that there's still a couple of weeks before this new section is due to open, and we know from previous work on some of the other buildings that progress is generally pretty quick, so I'm sure that the rooms will be ready in time for the grand opening date of 9 March - I very much doubt Disney would let the new date slip!

There were no 'keep out' warning signs or construction walls like the ones at French Quarter - just a standard Disney "Pardon our Appearance" sign set down in the middle of the pathway. Many of the window blinds were open, and even some of the lights had been helpfully left on! As it was obvious that there were no guests in residence, and no one asked them not to look, they snapped a couple of quick pictures through the windows which give a better idea of progress:

Second floor (24-Feb-2012):

Third floor (24-Feb-2012):

[Edit: the mystery spy did later reveal themselves as DISboards member "Venomhatch" in http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php ... st44234069]