Magnolia Terrace re-opens after refurbishment

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Magnolia Terrace re-opens after refurbishment

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

The Magnolia Terrace mansion building should be fully re-opened for guests this weekend. Many of the rooms were brought back into inventory last week (some as early as 19th August in fact) and the remainder should now be ready.

(click on the above image to scroll, use +/- keys to zoom)

There will now be a short pause before work commences on Alligator Bayou building 36 on 25th October, which is due for completion around 11th November. Buildings 37, 38 and 39 will follow, all due to be completed before Christmas.

Early in the New Year work will start on Oak Manor, the first of the two mansion buildings which are to be fitted with Royal Rooms. This section is due to re-open by 17th February 2012.
Fergie95

Re: Magnolia Terrace re-opens after refurbishment

Unread post by Fergie95 »

Very nice! Can't wait to see what the rest of the room looks like.
cmanning127

Unread post by cmanning127 »

Love them! We have a request in to stay in the refurbished buildings next week, hope we get them!
Looking forward to our POR stay in 9/2011
Planning our 10 year anniversary aboard the DCL
dizneyamy

Unread post by dizneyamy »

Is it safe to assume the refrigerator is in the cabinet under the TV? If it's not located there, where are the fridge's in the new rooms? It looks beautiful and I can not wait to stay here in January!!
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

dizneyamy wrote:Is it safe to assume the refrigerator is in the cabinet under the TV?
Yes, it is.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
barryk1

Unread post by barryk1 »

Hi how did you word your request to stay in the refurbished rooms and who didi you send it to
baz
genem

Unread post by genem »

barryk1 wrote:Hi how did you word your request to stay in the refurbished rooms and who didi you send it to
I am curious to know as well. Also, how soon should you put in a request? My wife and I have booked a WDW trip for February, and we're staying at Riverside for the first time. We'd really like to get one of the refurbished Magnolia Terrace rooms. Should we put in our request ASAP?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Put your request in as part of your original booking, or get Disney's central reservation center (or your travel agent) to add it as a request as early as possible. This is merely a few words or a tagged field in the booking system, not a lengthy request.

Your booking details should be transferred over to the resort's internal system about 5-10 days before your arrival date, after which time you can contact the resort directly to re-request your preferences if you wish. I'd suggest a couple of days before arrival for most bookings, adding an extra day or two for multi-room bookings. Many people fax the resort, or you can phone them to see if they can pre-block a room for you. Be polite and let them know how much you are looking forward to your stay. Let them know why your request is important to you, and how much it would make your stay more magical if they are able to help you out. Probably don't ask for specific room numbers, or if you do give them a reason why that room is desirable to you (so they know how to work out a suitable alternative if the one you're asking about is not free). Remember they have hundreds of rooms to allocate every day, so help them to help you.

Otherwise, single room early arrivals and/or online check-ins will be dealt with first in the day from the available pool on that day, so you may be more likely to get your requests that way.

Finally, if you're really not happy with the location you are given when you check in (ask to be shown the location on a map) you can always ask if they can look around for other options - even if that might mean getting someone from the back office to check for future availability and then waiting a while for a room, rather than being able to have the first one which comes available on the screen when you are at the front desk.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
gmom

Re: AB refurbishment

Unread post by gmom »

Does anyone know what the time table is for the preferred AB lodges (14, 15, 18) ?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, see earlier news posting viewtopic.php?f=9&t=577. Basically work will occur during April/May 2012.

Andre
Lisa

Unread post by Lisa »

FYI: In re: to roll away beds in refurbished rooms @ Magnolia Bend: I just spoke with a cast member at Port Orleans and asked specifically about requesting a roll away bed for a 2012 resevation (we ALWAYS request one). I was told that we DEFINITELY would be able to have one. When I mentioned the rumor that roll away beds were no longer available she said she would have certainly been notified about that. So, she double checked for me to make sure and was told that there are no restictions on roll away beds. She even pulled up a few 2012 reservations that showed roll away bed requests and said if there was going to be a problem she would not have seen the requests included in the reservation. Can't wait for out stay this Feb.!!!!!
laura_<3

Unread post by laura_<3 »

I LOVE it!! Thank you for posting this.
dnkshields

Unread post by dnkshields »

The room looks Lovely! Thank you for posting it!
Kris
Too Many Disneyland trips to count...last trip 2005
WDW August 1991 (honeymoon) & 1992- Contemporary
WDW Sept 2003 - All Star Music
WDW April 2007 - Pop Century
WDW August 2007 - Saratoga Springs
WDW August 2011- All Star Movies
WDW March 2012 - First Visit to POR Riverside
disneygirl

Unread post by disneygirl »

I much prefer this room to the themed ones. Far more muted and relaxing. :P
First Visit to POFQ May 1995
Off site in Kissimmee June 1996 (never again)
POR nearly every year since although we did go to Wilderness Lodge one year which was also really nice.
Off site LBV this year 2011 (Wyndham LBV - was just OK but never again)
Disneyland Paris - too many times to count but prob about 20 (not a patch on WDW)
The hubby has been to Disneyland California but was too young to really remember much.