First Royal Room Photographs released on Disney Blog

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

First Royal Room Photographs released on Disney Blog

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

Today's Disney Parks Blog has provided us with the first actual photos of the new Royal Guest Room concept destined for the Port Orleans Riverside mansion buildings. Travel Agents were given a sneak peek a few weeks ago, but at that stage photography was not allowed.

As we reported a few days ago, bookings are now live on the Walt Disney World website, with room availability starting from 4 March 2012.
Disney Parks Blog wrote: Opening in early Spring 2012, the Royal Guest Rooms at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside allow princes and princesses of all ages to stay where Disney royalty have stayed. Guests find regal touches left behind by some of their favorite Disney characters like fiber optics special effects above ornately decorated beds with gold and crystal accents; custom linens and drapes; and in-room art and details including princely banners and princess friends. The 512 Royal Guest Rooms start at $189 per night.

disneygirl

Re: First Royal Room Photographs released on Disney Blog

Unread post by disneygirl »

I could cope with the new room for a few days but not much longer as I do think they are way to busy on the eye and not at all relaxing. Pretty sure kids will love them tho..After a long hard day in the park I need something a bit less over the top to relax in. Don't get me wrong, I do love it but not for me.... :)
First Visit to POFQ May 1995
Off site in Kissimmee June 1996 (never again)
POR nearly every year since although we did go to Wilderness Lodge one year which was also really nice.
Off site LBV this year 2011 (Wyndham LBV - was just OK but never again)
Disneyland Paris - too many times to count but prob about 20 (not a patch on WDW)
The hubby has been to Disneyland California but was too young to really remember much.
dnkshields

Unread post by dnkshields »

We just booked reservations for these rooms beginning March 4th - 10th. Does anyone know Which Building they will be located in?

(ETA...Which of 4 magnolia buildings)
Kris
Too Many Disneyland trips to count...last trip 2005
WDW August 1991 (honeymoon) & 1992- Contemporary
WDW Sept 2003 - All Star Music
WDW April 2007 - Pop Century
WDW August 2007 - Saratoga Springs
WDW August 2011- All Star Movies
WDW March 2012 - First Visit to POR Riverside
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

dnkshields wrote:We just booked reservations for these rooms beginning March 4th - 10th. Does anyone know Which Building they will be located in?

(ETA...Which of 4 magnolia buildings)
It will be Oak Manor or Parterre Place. Parterre will be completed first (17 Feb) so keep an eye on the news pages for updates as we hear them.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -