Pass holder Discounts

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Andrew

Pass holder Discounts

Unread post by Andrew »

Good afternoon everyone. Does anyone know what the current Pass holder discount is for Port Orleans Riverside, Royal guest rooms? We plan on upgrading our 7 day park tickets to Annual passes when we arrive on Jan 24 and I'm hoping that I might be able to apply the APP discount to our room.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pass holder Discounts

Unread post by Admin »

AP discounts are sometimes available for Port Orleans, but as with all WDW resorts often only in limited quantities or specific room categories, and when they are gone, they're gone. Give WDW a call now and see what offers they've currently got available for your dates though. Remember that you won't be "applying your AP discount to your existing booking" per se, more like switching to a new booking which offers a better price.

You can buy your APs during the same phone call, and use them for your discounts, FastPass+ bookings, etc. before you activate the vouchers at the park gate. I just bought ours ready for our August trip for example, and got the special 13-months offer which will cover us for the following August too. Not sure if they can refund an existing paid ticket to the purchase though, or if you need to do that at a park Guest Relations.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Thanks for the reply. I obtained my tickets through air miles so I can't upgrade until we arrive at WDW. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what we can do when we get there.
Andrew
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

It is very unlikely that you will be able to apply a brand new AP discount to an existing room reservation after you have arrived, but it never hurts to ask I guess. You will get the various other benefits such as discounted merchandise, food, free Memory Maker, etc. though. I would ring Disney in the meantime and ask them what options you will have, and double-check that there's no way to do it in advance.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Thorpy

Unread post by Thorpy »

Admin wrote:AP discounts are sometimes available for Port Orleans, but as with all WDW resorts often only in limited quantities or specific room categories, and when they are gone, they're gone. Give WDW a call now and see what offers they've currently got available for your dates though. Remember that you won't be "applying your AP discount to your existing booking" per se, more like switching to a new booking which offers a better price.

You can buy your APs during the same phone call, and use them for your discounts, FastPass+ bookings, etc. before you activate the vouchers at the park gate. I just bought ours ready for our August trip for example, and got the special 13-months offer which will cover us for the following August too. Not sure if they can refund an existing paid ticket to the purchase though, or if you need to do that at a park Guest Relations.

Andre
Is the 13 month offer over now ?? might have suited us that !
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Thorpy wrote:Is the 13 month offer over now ?? might have suited us that !
Sadly the 13-months Annual Pass offer finished in January.

Andre