Review of June 20 -27 stay

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
njdisfan

Review of June 20 -27 stay

Unread post by njdisfan »

Hi,
Just wanted to post about the wonderful stay we had at French Quarter. There were 6 of us and we had connecting rooms, 7213 and 7214. At first I was a bit disappointed because I knew that Building 7 was the furthest from the food court/pool, but it was nice and quiet there. We had a "parking lot" view but with the lovely trees there it didn't seem like a parking lot view at all. Mousekeeping was wonderful, our rooms were cleaned each day when we returned from the parks usually around 1:30pm. Fresh linens always given to us. We did get towel animals the first day, very cute. There was a problem with one of the refrigerators and maintenance came right away to repair it. The pool area was nice and clean, my only complaint was that the smoking section was the entire area with the tables. Food court was fine, no complaints had lunch, breakfast and dinner there at least once, no problems with food or service. The walkways were so nice, very peaceful, and it's true, it seemed like the resort was empty. Only took the bus once, to the MK, didn't stop at Riverside, however my son took the bus to AK and he said it stopped at Riverside and Typhoon Lagoon (or maybe BB?) and took a long time. Boat ride to DTD was very nice and relaxing. Didn't get a chance to check out Riverside. We all really enjoyed our stay here and had previously stayed only at deluxes, so I was a bit worried that we would be disappointed - we liked it just as much!