POFQ

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
schumigirl

POFQ

Unread post by schumigirl »

Well what can I say about this resort that can really do it justice. We arrived late afternoon and were welcomed immediately by a friendly lady at reception who was more than helpful to us. We were given building 3, which we had requested by phone a few days before we left. Got the car to building 3 car park but soon discovered buiding 1 car park was closer for us, so parked there all the time. We were in room 3317, which had a view of the river and the boats from it, which was nice and a bonus.
Room was immaculate and very pretty and a good size with plenty of drawer space. We had read reports that some rooms were not being cleaned properly but we did not find that the whole trip. The room was cleaned thoroughly and most days towel animals were left for us. We met our lady one day and she thanked us very much for the tip we left every day and said how much she appreciated it, which was nice. My only comments about the room would be bed size. They really are ok and comfy, but maybe a bit on the small side for two "full" size adults :oops: Also the air conditioning was a bit noisy when on full, but after a few days we never noticed it. Other rooms toilets were heard occasionally during the night but they flush so quickly it was never a problem. Hair dryer was ample and having an Iron and board was very handy. Fridge was a very good one and kept everything really cold. Safe is quite small but enough to hold passports and documents.
Food court was very nice. We only had a meal in there on our first night as we were too tired to go anywhere else and it was lovely. We both had chicken and ribs and DS had mac`n`cheese and they were all lovely. Cornbread and mashed potato were delicious and very reasonable prices too. They didn`t have a massive selection of food but there was plenty to choose from and it all looked nice. Bought the free refill mugs too and these were really good to have.
Breakfast time was busy but not the bunfight I had read about on some reports. We could always get a table and they were cleaned continuously. We mostly had pastries for breakfast but had waffles and sausages a couple of times and they were very nice especially with the hot syrup on tap!! Staff were very friendly and all spoke perfect English.
Scat Cats bar was very nice and the cocktails are perfect. We found it could get quite noisy the nights the jazzman was on as it is such a small place, but he was very good. We used to sit at the pool bar as it was quieter and if that was closed you could take your drinks from the main bar in plastic cups and go back to the poolside bar and sit.
Shop at reception had usual fare and again staff were lovely. The amusement arcade was very good and had a lot of game choices including air hockey which was fun.
The laundry room was a very good size with plenty of machines and dryers for everyone. It was never busy anytime we went.
Never used the pool but it looked lovely, and in the evening around 10-11pm it was always being used but never mobbed, so would be quite pleasant.
The actual resort itself is beautiful, very well kept and well maintained. It was lovely walking around the resort at night time, very peaceful and quiet. It had a very homely feel which maybe the reason we saw loads of people milling around in their pyjamas heading to the food court for a night time Hot chocolate.
The boat ride to either DTD or Riverside was lovely. The captains gave you loads of little snippets of info about either Disney or the resorts themselves and only took about 15 mins to DTD. We did this a few times and was ideal and a nice way to arrive there.
So all in all I would highly recommend FQ to anyone thinking of going. We loved every minute of our holiday staying there from our welcome, to the closeness of all the Disney parks, to the general feel of the resort. Everything was perfect and we were really sorry to leave there. To anyone staying at FQ in the future you will really love it, we really couldn`t fault it. :mrgreen:

John McBride

Re: POFQ

Unread post by John McBride »

Brilliant post, I'm staying POFQ in August this year and its very reassuring to read your review, thanks for posting it!
APB513

Unread post by APB513 »

schumigirl -

Thank you for your detailed review of POFQ!!! I'll be staying there for the first time in May and everything sounds as wonderful as I imagine it will be!
JEANYLASER

Unread post by JEANYLASER »

POFQ is my favorite hotel! And We didn't stay in this hotel before I can't wait to stay in my favorite hotel POFQ for January 14, 2010!
robandniki

Unread post by robandniki »

great post, i can't wait to go next month!!! :D
jwnandsn

Unread post by jwnandsn »

Thanks for the great review. Looking forward to our 2 weeks stay there in November, 2009.