Loved Port Orleans French Quarter!

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
maddox4

Loved Port Orleans French Quarter!

Unread post by maddox4 »

My husband and I just returned from a week long trip to celebrate our 25th anniversary.(Sept. 6th-12th) We have been to Disney 5 times but this was our first visit to French Quarter and it will be very difficult to get me to stay anywhere else. The smaller size, the quiet atmosphere, and the beautiful grounds can't be beat. Yes, there were some scratches on the furniture, but who stays in their room all day and stares at the furniture! The food court is more than adequate for a good meal, the pool and grounds areas were spotless, and the staff went out of their way to help with any issue. And, we can't say enough good things about the food plan. We tried restaurants we were not able to afford before and were not disappointed with any meal we had. (Make reservations before you leave...we did, but encountered several who had not and it seemed to be sort of a hassle.) A note to disabled travelers...this was our first trip since my husband had a stroke 7 years ago. The walking would have been absolutely impossible, so we pre-arranged for a scooter to be delivered to the hotel for a week. It was a lifesaver and the Disney busses, boats, and monorails can accomodate them. However, on our next visit we will rent a van with a lift and drive to most of our destinations. The amount of added time it took to load, travel and unload with the bus, we estimated we lost at least an hour or more a day.
Can't wait to start planning a return trip to the French Quarter!
jwnandsn

Re: Loved Port Orleans French Quarter!

Unread post by jwnandsn »

Thanks for posting the report. We are heading down for 2 weeks in November and staying at the FQ. Have not stayed there before, we are looking forward to it. I was concerned about being in a "room" for 2 weeks (we usually rent a condo outside of WDW) but with the free dining plan it gave us the opportunity to stay on property. You are right though - you are not in your room for most of the day - as long as it is clean and comfortable we will be happy!