Unhealthy conditions in room

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
sbelfie

Unhealthy conditions in room

Unread post by sbelfie »

I had visited this resort about 11 yrs ago and always kicked myself for not telling management about the cobwebs in the bathroom and some kind of critter droppings on the edge of the tub. I otherwise adored this resort. Much can change in 10 yrs and so I gave it another chance and stayed from 3/29/10 - 4/4/10.

The room wasn't bad at all and had essentially met my expectations. I overlooked stains on the curtain between the bathroom and sleeping quarters and bubbling paint near the sink, large red punch stain on the rug between the two beds and even the food and bottle caps (including a sharp metal cap that was hidden by the bedskirt) - after all the place isn't brand new...
Having to leave at 2:30 am on the 4th I was checking under the bed to be sure we didn't forget/lose anything... What a shock to see at least one inch of dust, along with garbage at the head of the beds, both of them. I took photos (attached) and anyone who would like to see can email me sbelfie@aol.com and I would be happy to share. You can barely make out the design in the carpet due to the dust and debris littered all along the rug at the head of each bed. I was disgusted to think that I had slept with that mess just a few feet from my head for nearly a week! Had I not left the resort at 2:30 am I would have said something to the front desk there but I was traveling with only my 2 children and had neither the energy nor time to take the matter up with anyone at that moment.
I'm trying to find on the website how to get a hold of the general manager as this seems to be an issue beyond housekeeping so if anyone can recommend how to speak or email them I would be grateful to know and I think other future guests will be as well.
Attachments
Photo of behind the bed in room 5314
Photo of behind the bed in room 5314
img043.jpg (191.36 KiB) Viewed 14275 times
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unhealthy conditions in room

Unread post by Admin »

That certainly seems like an issue worth contacting the resort about, looks like a deep clean is long overdue in that room. The contact details for the resort are in the main info pages here, and the resort general manager is Val Bunting if you want to address your issues directly to her. Perhaps a fax or personal mail might be the best route, as emails go to Guest Relations and phone calls are answered by a central WDW switchboard rather than the individual resort front desks.

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
summerlady

Unread post by summerlady »

Ewwww! I've never even looked under the beds during our stays at POFQ but I'll be sure to in November. Ick. Gross. I've never had a complaint about the cleanliness of our room during past trips, but, as I said, I never REALLY looked below the surface.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

summerlady wrote:I've never had a complaint about the cleanliness of our room during past trips, but, as I said, I never REALLY looked below the surface.
I sometimes wonder when I read some complaints of dust or dirt, whether it's really any worse than many homes would be if you decided to move that sofa or TV cabinet that's been sitting in the same place for years... LOL The photo above did look pretty bad though, even if it was in a place where you can't easily get to for cleaning.

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
summerlady

Unread post by summerlady »

admin wrote:
summerlady wrote:I've never had a complaint about the cleanliness of our room during past trips, but, as I said, I never REALLY looked below the surface.
I sometimes wonder when I read some complaints of dust or dirt, whether it's really any worse than many homes would be if you decided to move that sofa or TV cabinet that's been sitting in the same place for years... LOL The photo above did look pretty bad though, even if it was in a place where you can't easily get to for cleaning.

A.
I suppose so, that being said, I move furniture to vacuum and mop at least twice per year! Or maybe I'm just a cleaning fanatic. ;) Anyway, it's probably just one of those places that get overlooked and since it's been brought to their attention, perhaps they'll pay a bit of attention and clean those out of the way, hard to reach areas if they know people are inclined to look.