french quarter trip 28 april to may 11 2010

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
cavacast

french quarter trip 28 april to may 11 2010

Unread post by cavacast »

we have just arrived home from our second trip to disneyworld, last time we stayed in "dixie landings " which is now riverside alligator bayou

we much prefered the grounds and style of the rooms in the french quarter. the rooms are basic & the bathroom in particular dated but we where not too bothered by it.

we actually prefered the grounds to some of the "better" hotels we visited.

we only ate in the food court once as there was not much we would normally eat.
& the themed music can be a bit irritating after a while
the only negative thing really was the ironing board was very wobbly, I would not have wanted to use it if we had children running about , & the hair drier cut out

at one point they sent a new family to our room, thankfully I was in to advise them it was a mistake & we had the room booked for another week.

we where in building 3 , nicely situated near the main building ,pool & hot tub which we used every night.
buses ran frequently , we did occassionally have to pick up from riverside but not too often. the bus drivers where mostly excellent. a few went out of their way to drop us off at the correct spot if we had made a mistake.

one linx bus drivier was just about to turn onto the main road but actually came back to get us when he saw us waving . in the uk they would have probably waited until you got to the doors then sped off laughing .

getting outside of disney was a problem as there are no bus timetables & their internet cafe at disney quest would not show the timetables either. if you intend to use the city bus you really need to work out your routes & pick up points before you leave.

as for the parks themselves , we never waited more than 20 minutes to get on a ride ( the longest wait was for the safari when a wilderbeest went to sleep in the road) & only used fast pass maybe 3 times. by the end of the first week we had done pretty much everything.

we visited at the same time 14 years ago & because of the hour long wait for each ride still missed things by the end of the 2 weeks & there was no animal kingdom then either

the worst incident of the trip for me was arriving at the airport and being told by a rather unpleasent old man on the mears transport desk that they do not pick up privately from disney hotels , I would have to arrange the magic express myself for the return journey.

The travel agent charged me £90 for transport both ways & I was not happy at being told to take the free disney bus, they tried to make out I was over reacting and a long as I got to the airport what did it matter which method was used, but I dont see why I should pay for a bus which is provided free by disney.

I wonder how many other people have been charged for the magic express by this particular travel agent