January Visit

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
vyctoria

January Visit

Unread post by vyctoria »

My mom & I will be staying at the FQ January 11-18th. Very excited as it's almost time to leave! We've requested a room in building 6 or 7 in the hopes of getting a recently refurbished room. Has anybody else tried the online check-in? We're trying that out for the first time this year. I've only stayed at the FQ one other time for just one night, and my bf & I loved it. Can't wait to go again :D I'll try to take notes so I can write a good trip report when I get back.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: January Visit

Unread post by Admin »

Have a great time! See if you can find out how they are doing on the next refub building (which should be building 4 I think) and let us know.

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Firepath

Unread post by Firepath »

We just got back today from another wonderful stay at French Quarter. We had originally requested building 4, but when I read here that it was next in line for refurb, I called and requested building 6 or 7. We ended up being in building 7 a corner room with river view somewhat obstructed by the stairs, but a nice surprise since we booked a standard room. Every room in building 4 was in the process of refurbishment. The windows of each room had tape on them. There was quite a number of workers with work beginning each day around 8am. By the time we left early this morning it appeared that most if not all of the rooms had been gutted. I even noticed a bottom floor room facing the courtyard that had the door open (at 5am). I could see that a wall was either being framed or removed where the curtain normally is separating the bath from bedroom areas. At the rate they were going, I would guess the building may be done within the next couple of weeks. One of the changes I noticed in our refurbished room besides those mentioned elsewhere, is that there is now an adjustable thermostat on the wall next to the bed. We really enjoyed our room. We stayed at Beach Club for 3 nights then moved over to French Quarter for 4 nights. We all agreed we still love FQ the best.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Thanks for the info, good to know everything is progressing well.

The BC is actually the one resort that can sometimes draw me away from Port Orleans. I love the location (3.5 minute walk into Epcot is hard to beat!) and of course the pool, and everything going on around the Boardwalk area. But it still doesn't quite have the simple charm of POR for us either.

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -