February 25- March 3, 2011

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
mae22

February 25- March 3, 2011

Unread post by mae22 »

This was my family's 1st time to the Port Orleans French Quarter. We've stayed at all the other moderate resorts and this one, to me, was by far the best! I just adore the beautiful landscaping and the attention to New Orleans detail. The best part was the relaxing calm environment after being at the hectic parks. Will definately stay here again and again!!! Only one bus stop with minimal wait time. We were checked in by 7am in Building 4 with a view of the open area where movies were viewed on certain nights. We even got one of the newly refurbished rooms which looked AMAZING!!! Mousekeeping was so good, we wanted them to come home with us. Every day we got a new towel animal. Overall, I have nothing bad to say and pray to have such a positive experience next time we visit there. :D

[Moved to new thread rather than as a comment to another post - Admin]
bethas

Re: February 25- March 3, 2011

Unread post by bethas »

WOW! They really had you checked in by 7 am??? We will be there at 9 am and I was hoping they'd have a room ready. I know they might not, but the fact that they COULD has me even more excited!
nicklesm17

Re: February 25- March 3, 2011

Unread post by nicklesm17 »

there are alot of rooms here, not as many as riverside, but still alot. if you're not special requesting, there's usually one to be had right now, if you want it right now. you just have to tell them at check-in. for request, the bigger issue would be availability, then housekeeping. these days we've been requesting lower level, that's it. housekeeping was the excuse given for lack of immediate access on our most recent (oct/nov) stay. you can probably get the gist of what factors are involved in waiting for housekeeping, even still, we were given a specified time (less than 2 hours) to fill our "request" and at the end of the time it was ready. i might add the best room location (for our needs) that we've ever had. we had the foresight to bring our bathing suits in our carry-ons and changed in the poolside changing/bathrooms as we've been in this situation before. we spent the wait relaxing at the pool, no concerns about luggage since it was being brought via magical express. nice way to start the trip, but the point is, if you really needed the room now, ask, and likely they will find you one. arrival sleep, or settling in, may be a larger issue than location. if so make this point at check-in. these cast members try to accommodate your needs/wants 9 times out of 10, but only if you're specific, they don't always pick up a hinted desire, there is still a protocol that is supposed to be followed. so be specific if something matters to you, and i'm confident you'll score.