POFQ Review!

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
nicole786

POFQ Review!

Unread post by nicole786 »

Just wanted to post a review of my recent stay at POFQ! We had a great time!

It was just a dad/daughter trip (I'm 22, and my dad is 40-something) I have been to WDW many times of the last 3 years, but this is only my dads second time staying on-site (the first time was a 3 day trip to POR in 2005 which he didn't really like, but still loved being on-site and was 'sold' on that idea forever!)

This is my 3rd stay at POFQ (once in the early 90s with my grandparents--barely remember...and my brother in 2007) we got a great passholder deal so I knew i just had to book it! My dads biggest complaint was where our room was in POR and how far it was each morning to the lobby so i knew it would be perfect. I requested a ground floor room too and it was a water-view room.

We checked in at around 1:30pm and our room was ready yipee!! The first thing I noticed were the greeters at the front door, they were so awesome!! I didn't catch their names, but while waiting in the check in line I realized I left my license and my CC that i wanted on file in the car, and when I came back they made a comment something like "your evil twin is in there you better hurry" it was funny though! They remembered us through the trip each time we walked in..not to mention when we finally made it out to the park that afternoon, i wasn't wearing my sweatshirt (it was in a bag) and he said "i sure hope you have that sweatshirt!" I don't remember them being there before, but they were awesome and definitely made this stay feel more deluxe than it already was!

So now on to the semi-bad news. I'm one of those types that tries really hard not to complain about things, and if i do complain i try to do it in a positive attitude. If something is wrong and its fixable, the negative experience can quickly turn into a positive one. This is exactly what happened next!! We were assigned a ground floor room in Building 1. I was a tad dissapointed because this is the building I had already stayed in, but how could I complain about that building 1 rocked! So we drove over, unpacked etc and walked to the room! When we walked in, it hadn't been cleaned yet! Actually, that sounds bad, it was about 50% cleaned. The beds were made, but there were towels everywhere (not folded) papers on the floor, and trash in the bags. I quickly dialed to the front desk. I explained the situation and she gave me 2 options: They would send housekeeping right away or see if there was another room....so I opted for the second one since I wanted to try a different building this time around. Worth mentioning that she was a sweetheart!! Eventually, we had to get a room assigner on the phone to help, who was also very apologetic and helpful. She reassigned us to building 5 waterview, and guess what it was a ground floor room also!! We were thrilled. We had to go back to the front desk for new keys but soon we were on our way to the parks after a quick car moving!!

Our room location was perfect. It was right after the corner of building 5 facing the water, my dad was on He hasn't stopped talking about POFQ--even for our next trip which is in may we are staying WL, he keeps saying "or we can stay at POFQ"

The beignets were great, we had a batch we loved them!

Every afternoon my dad would relax in the hot tub (too cold for swimming)

One morning I went for an early walk up the path as the sun was rising got some great pics of the steam coming off the pool/lake.

We used the boat service to downtown disney a few times we just loved it! POFQ was the first to be dropped off and the second to pick up, so barely any waiting which was nice in these low temps!!

We ate breakfast at boatwrights one morning and walked over there, it was a beautiful walk! We loved it! We even wanted to rent bikes one day to ride around on that same path but the bike rentals were at POR and we didn't have enought time to walk over there to rent the bike.

Buses were not an issue at all...yes you have to stop at POR which can get to be a pain (plan for this to take 15 minutes) but after our breakfast that morning at boatwrights, what a disaster it was for the bus! 2 already full buses passed us before getting on one! Loved the proximity of the POFQ buses to the parks, not far at all to walk compared to POP.

As you can tell we had a great time! I want to share the pics we have of this beautiful resort, is there a pofq picture thread or should I post them here?

Oh, also we had a supercute peacock towel animal waiting for us one day! Oh the little things
tdclark7125

Re: POFQ Review!

Unread post by tdclark7125 »

Sounds like you had a great trip! We're going in March, and your review has me even more excited to get there. Thanks for all the info!!