visit 12th may to 26 may

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
angelat

visit 12th may to 26 may

Unread post by angelat »

We visited FQ for the second time in may 11.

The room refurb was very nice , the room was clean. On arrival we where allocated a 3rd floor room in building 4 , I requested a ground floor instead and where moved the following day. It was slightly further from the pool than I would have liked but nearer to riverside where we walked most days.

I found the food choice in FQ poor and expensive but did enjoy the carvery in rivierside and the pasta was good and impressive to watch the cook managing 5 pans at once. though the pesto I ordered was very greasy ( i poured off a cup of oil) it tasted good and made 2 meals.

We found the buses to be slow and it seemed there was always a queue for our hotel at the parks while 2 or 3 buses came along for other resorts in the time we waited for 1.

I was dissapointed by the anniversary, the only evidence I found of any celebration was a table with a few brightly coloured crumbs on it when we went through the lobby quite early in the day, there was no mention of it anywhere. I also saw nothing about film nights as mentioned on your site ?

But overall a very nice holiday in pretty surroundings. I would definatly go back , but would only get a 7 day park ticket instead of 14 and spend more time lazing about the hotel.