First time visitors May 27th-31st

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
k8madamsrn

First time visitors May 27th-31st

Unread post by k8madamsrn »

Hi all!! Just got back today from my family's first visit to WDW, and after many hours spent on this website, and Port Orleans French Quarter. We absolutely loved every part of our stay. The rooms were fantastic, although my husband absolutely hated the pillows. Lucky for him, I brought mine from home, which quickly became his pillow while we stayed at POFQ. The morning we arrived, we checked in to the hotel at 8:00am or so, planned on leaving our luggage and just picking up our keys to the world. Boy were we surprised when they were able to find us two rooms next to each other that morning so we could put all of our stuff in the room before going to the parks. We were in rooms 7227 and 7228, not with a connecting inner door like we had hoped for, but the rooms faced each other and the kids had no problems going back and forth in the two step walk between room doors. We had a bit of a hike to the dining area and the pool, but the grounds are so pretty that it almost seemed lucky to get to walk a bit further :) We only ate breakfast at the resort one morning, as we had reservations scattered throughout the world (deluxe dining plan), but we had the Beignets, and they are definitely worth ordering, even if you had to come in from another resort to get them. We absolutely loved the bus services, rarely had to wait longer than 10-15 minutes, and most of the time we didn't even have to wait that. My children 11,9,9, and 7 LOVED the pool. There were days they wanted to leave the parks early just to head back "home" and swim :D Arneil was wonderful, my kids had him sign their autograph books just like all of their favorites that we hunted down in the park. One of the days, mousekeeping didn't clean our room, not even to leave clean towels, but we had hung ours up the night before, so it didn't really hurt anybody. I guess we justed lived a little more greenly that day :lol: We only had four nights at the resort, any if it had been more financially viable, or time spent away from work viable, I would have liked to had a few more days on the resort, so we could spend time there without feeling like we might be missing something at the parks. I will try to get a couple of pictures posted over the next couple of days. Nothing really new, but got a great picture of my kids with Arneil. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. We didn't reallize that my oldest daughter had left any of her clothing in the room, and I don't know how we missed it, but POFQ did. I received a phone call yesterday from lost and found at the resort, and they are going to ship them to my house. If anyone has any questions, I would be more that willing to answer them. We had such a great vacation at Port Orleans-French Quarter that I hope we get the opportunity to come back and play again sometime soon!!!
jodeeee4

Re: First time visitors May 27th-31st

Unread post by jodeeee4 »

My husband hated the pillows, too!
k8madamsrn

Unread post by k8madamsrn »

Just to update everyone, did get a big box of clothes from POFQ today. Don't know how we missed that many of our girls' clothes! The staff at POFQ really went above and beyond for us and we really appreciate it!!!
Darrell

Unread post by Darrell »

About the pillows....we were at POFQ in May, also. I am a feather pillow person. I simply asked for a feather pillow and they brought me 2. WDW cast members go out of thier way to make you have a "no worries" vacation.