First stay at POFQ - May 22-29

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
jodeeee4

First stay at POFQ - May 22-29

Unread post by jodeeee4 »

This was our first time staying at a Disney Resort and we loved it. The resort was beautiful. Rooms were very nice and roomier than I expected. My only complaint was that the refrigerator was not a real refrigerator. It is a cooler -didn't get very cold - really only good for bottled water. Other than that, the room was great. We stayed in building 4 which was very convenient to the pool and food court, as well as the bus stop. We never had to wait very long for a bus and it was nice not to have to drive anywhere. :D
The pool and dragon waterslide were a big hit with my 11 year old son! He also loved the arcade.
The boat ride to DTD was nice and the captain told us interesting facts about the area. We also took the boat to Riverside for the day and the pool and waterslide there were also awesome according to my son! :mrgreen: The fishing area was nice and relaxing. I grew up in rural Louisiana and it reminded me of home!
My husband and I really enjoyed Elliot Dyson, the performer at Scat Cats Club. He was wonderful. I highly recommend seeing him play!
The staff was very friendly and helpful. For example, my son's arcade card wouldn't work in the games. They replaced his credits and added some extra credits for free! The intimate feel of this resort was wonderful. We wanted to stay longer!