Amazing Stay at FQ

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
mccloar

Amazing Stay at FQ

Unread post by mccloar »

We just got back from our first stay at French Quarter. We had previously stayed at Coronado Springs, Carribean Beach, Dolphin, Saratoga Springs, and all of the values, but French Quarter might be our new favorite. I was originally concerned since there was only one bus stop and the parks are where we spend most of our time, but we were in building 1 and the walk was very short and scenic. However, the site said that the buses stopped at FQ first on drop-off, but 50% of the time we went through Riverside first, but it was nothing too bad. I was a little weary as PO has a polarizing reputation but the rooms were spotless, grounds were well-kept, and staff was friendly. The millions of times we have stayed at disney, this is the first time we have gotten a lamb towel animal! We transfered out of FQ midway through to stay with the rest of our family at Old Key West. For that much more money, I expected a little more. Rooms were just alright, buses were a little shotty, and the resort is huge. Still, a wonderful place, but we liked FQ much more. I would recomend this resort to anyone!
disneygirl

Re: Amazing Stay at FQ

Unread post by disneygirl »

so glad you had a wonderful stay. FQ is lovely.. :)
First Visit to POFQ May 1995
Off site in Kissimmee June 1996 (never again)
POR nearly every year since although we did go to Wilderness Lodge one year which was also really nice.
Off site LBV this year 2011 (Wyndham LBV - was just OK but never again)
Disneyland Paris - too many times to count but prob about 20 (not a patch on WDW)
The hubby has been to Disneyland California but was too young to really remember much.