POFQ 31 Oct 08-14 Nov 08

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
dr_finkelstein

POFQ 31 Oct 08-14 Nov 08

Unread post by dr_finkelstein »

This was the first time we had stayed at a moderate resort, previously we stayed at POP.

POFQ was absolutely lovely! We were in building 6, on the 2nd floor. The room was of a very high standard, mousekeeping was always prompt, and we got a towel animal! The layout of POFQ great, very easy to walk to everything. Landscaping was beautiful, we took loads of photos.

The food court was very clean, though my husband felt it a bit on the small side (I liked it!). Food choice was always good, and the beignets were to die for! It was a quieter time of year when we went but we were always able to find a table easily. Gift shop was good, though again small, it always had a good selection.

The CMs were all very helpful and polite - especially Beau in the lobby who chatted to everyone and was always on hand to give out coins for the kids to throw into the fountain.

The pool was great fun, well laid out and clean. It wasn't too big so you could always see where the kids were. The boat trip to DTD was lovely!

What we really liked about it was the fact you can use the facilities at POR - in effect 2 resorts in 1. We went over to POR a couple of times - to use the pool once and once for the food court. It did seem a bit bigger and spread out, though again the landscaping looked fantastic. For our next trip we plan to stay at POR, but I'm definately going to be paying POFQ a few visits - I just love it!

I can't recommed this resort enough! Great for children, easy to walk round, brilliant facilities!
mma800

Re: POFQ 31 Oct 08-14 Nov 08

Unread post by mma800 »

Thanks for the info!
Makes me very excited to visit next month!