Just returned from POFQ

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
rnrhale

Just returned from POFQ

Unread post by rnrhale »

This was our first trip to WDW, and it was great. We stayed at POFQ and was delighted with the resort. We arrived at 3:30PM and went straight to check in. There was no line so that meant no waiting. I was very happy about that because I had read other reviews where guests have had to wait as much as an hour to check in. We were assigned to building seven on the first floor. When we got to the room, I saw it was a corner room, again I was delighted because we now had a view of the river even though we did not request that view.
The room was fine and very clean. Which I was glad about because I had read other reviews where people had bad experiences with Mouse-keeping. Mouse-keeping even brought bed rails to the room for my two year old. The first two days Mouse-keeping came after 3PM to clean, which was a bit of a problem because our daughter needed to nap at that time. With being asked to do so, Mouse-keeping started coming to clean our room earlier, so when we returned at 3PM Destiny was able to lay down for her nap. I had read so much about the towel animals that Mouse-keeping leaves in the rooms, but we never received one, which was more disappointing for me than it was for the kids. Overall our experience with Mouse-keeping was a good one.
The POFQ staff were great, always friendly and ready to carry on a conversation with us. With this being our first trip we had many questions, which the staff always had an answer. One day Destiny (my two year old) was running on the sidewalk and fell down. One of the staff members stopped what he was doing and came over to check on her. She was fine of course, but I thought that was very nice of him to take the time out of his duties to make sure she was ok.
The food court was good, it suited our needs just fine. I have to mention the pizzas......they were absolutely great, loaded down with so many toppings and cheese it was great. We had to actually scrape some of the toppings off so our six year old could pick up the piece of pizza. You just got to try the pizza during your visit.
We had a rental car so we drove part of the time and then rode the Disney transportation the other half of the time. We never had to wait more than five minutes for a bus to and from the parks. The only time we went to POR to pick up was when we took the bus to DTD, and even then it only added about 15 minutes to the trip, which was fine with us because it gave us the chance to see POR. The other time we went to DTD we took the boat ride, which was absolutely great, very relaxing.
We really enjoyed our trip to WDW and especially enjoyed staying at POFQ. I would recommend this resort to anyone wanting to stay on site during their trip to WDW.
Great experience........thanks so much for the memories.