5/11/13 - 5/17/13 Stay

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
ctguy1962

5/11/13 - 5/17/13 Stay

Unread post by ctguy1962 »

We had a very good time during our stay. This was my 5th time here and my girlfriend's 2nd. We got to Riverside about noontime on Saturday. We had asked for a King in Magnolia Bend. The girl said she had something for us in Alligator Bayou but the room wasn't ready. I wasn't going to argue about location so we accepted Alligator Bayou. Well she couldn't print out our room keys. So a manager came over. She couldn't print our room keys. The manager said it would take her about an hour to re-enter our entire reservation. This didn't make me too happy. Not having the room ready is always a possibility but not being able to eat or go to the parks wasn't a good thing. She said go have lunch and keep the receipt and they would reimburse me. When we returned she had fixed the problem and our room was ready. This time in Magnolia Terrace Room 8740. A choice spot and probably the shortest walk I've ever had at Riverside. The keys now work via placing them against the mouse head. No more swiping of keys. Room was clean and was kept that way throughout our stay. The keys however remained a problem for our entire stay. Disney is apparently upgrading some software and we for whatever reason couldn't use the new turnstiles at the parks. A cast member standing at the entrance with a smart pad behind the turnstiles had to get us in every time. And we had the keys remade once to try and fix them. Disney said we just had to accept it. It wasn't that big of a deal. We were told several times at guest registration that the resort was running at 100% capacity. Pools were good but they still are doing the "cruise ship" entertainment at the main pool meaning sometimes you can't even have a conversation because the "cruise director" is shouting in to the microphone to guide the kids. The hot tub was pretty overwhelmed by the end of each day and the water didn't look the best. I thought there was more than one hot tub but I think there is only the one at the main pool. 1 hot tub for over 2000 rooms is not enough. Food Court was okay during our stay. You have to get there early in the morning to avoid the crowds. Getting our burgers the 1st day took some time. They seemed pretty disorganized. Other than that the food court ran pretty well. Buses ran well. Had one odd experience our last day. They sent a chartered bus to pick us up for the Magic Kingdom. Don't know why. No big deal until they dropped us off at the Ticket and Transportation Center. There you had to deal with the crowds getting on the monorail. We didn't appreciate that but it was only one time.