Pre-Trip FP+ Experience

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
WyoDisney

Pre-Trip FP+ Experience

Unread post by WyoDisney »

So, I have booked all my FP+ and my BOG lunch for my November trip to POR. Six Days, 2MK w/MVMCP on one, 2 Epcot, 1 HS, 1AK.

Here are my observations:

1) The worst thing about FP+ is that you have to spend a couple hours on Disney's website which is slow, tends to time out, kicks you out to main page, and generally makes the whole experience frustrating. What will it be like when 100 guests per day are messing with it.

2) BOG FP+ is awesome once you have your 12 digit reservation number. However, we are a party of ten in two rooms and each room must be booked separately, which means one room got their reservation for 12:05-12:20pm and the other from 12:45-1:05pm We are hoping to show up together at 12:20pm and see if we can enter together. If not, then we still got in. Yeah! We did not get the invite, but just used the backdoor and trusting that we will be admitted.

3) We first did our entire tour plan. It's different because early morning FP grabs from Josh's tour plans give me an idea of what I should grab FP+ for, but I can totally twist the times. So for example, in AK we will start in KS, but then enjoy Pangani Forest Trail since it is right there, after which we will go to EE for our 9:35-10:35am FP+, catching EE around 10:15-10:35am. We then will circle all the Dino stuff before a Kali FP+ for KRR from 12:05-1:05pm, do FOW and eat our ADR at Y&Y at 2:30pm. Anyway, my plan of attack was to follow a more contiguous path through the park so there is not so much running back and forth to rides.

4) You don't always get the exact time you want. For example, we want to go to the last FOTLK at 4:30pm, but FP+ was only available for 3:30pm and earlier shows (we will just walk-in for 4:30 show, don't think it will be an issue), I wanted to ride Buzz in MK twice, first in standby by Josh's plan, then FP+ later with several things in between, the only return time was closer than I wanted so we will only do one attraction in between, ride Buzz again, and then do the others. The lesson is be flexible with you tour plan and adjust for minor time changes like these.

5) I love afternoon FP+. Epcot and MK were excellent for this as we could just follow Josh's two day tour plans in the AM and throw all our favorites in for a second go around in the afternoon.

6) One of the suggested options was always pretty close to a great plan. I think they did pretty well at this. It almost seems that they understand walking times and movement around the park. Almost :shock:

7) I'm glad it's done. Egad. A Pirate's Life For Me!
Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding.

jbnj45

Re: Pre-Trip FP+ Experience

Unread post by jbnj45 »

How did you get a FP+ code for BOG?
We arrive 11/2 and have not been able to figure that out...looking forward to our first Riverside stay.
Thanks!
WyoDisney

The code is your 12 digit (all numbers) resort ID, found on your yellow ME luggage tags or on the MB page.

Rob1974

Unread post by Rob1974 »

MB page? What page is this? We haven't received our final package yet. it should be coming next week from the agent so we don't have our ME luggage tags yet
WyoDisney

Rob1974 wrote:MB page? What page is this? We haven't received our final package yet. it should be coming next week from the agent so we don't have our ME luggage tags yet
Under My Disney Experience there is a page that says customize magic bands/cards. If, and I mean if, you can access this page and do this your twelve digit number will be listed there under you resort reservation.

Rob1974

Unread post by Rob1974 »

found it...how did you FP+ for Be our Guest?