Trip Report Sept 19-24

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
McFamily

Trip Report Sept 19-24

Unread post by McFamily »

After lots of waiting and reading everything I could find on POR, we finally had our trip to POR/WDW. Our room was ready when we arrived at 10:30. I did do online check in. The CM who checked us in was SUPER friendly and funny. We got some Pixi Dust and were upgraded to a Royal Room Garden View from a regular Garden View room. Our room was amazing, 9741 in Parterre Place. We had a great view of the courtyard and the River. We did not have a fridge, but they gave us the $15 credit with no issues. When we asked for it they asked why we would have needed one and I told them we would have brought some food and drinks to keep in there but did not since we received the letter saying they were being replaced. We never waited very long for a bus. They were full buses, and we did end up standing most of the time, but that was by choice so others could have seats. We were kid free this time, and really, standing for a few more minutes in the span of the whole day isn't a big deal with no kids. The grounds at POR are gorgeous. I love going in September when the crowds are so low at the parks. We walked on to almost every ride between FP+ and EMH. LOVED the Magic Bands and PF+. We didn't really even need to double dip and use paper fast passes. My favorite thing about FP+ is the ability to change times or attractions on the fly. We had a FP+ for Splash Mountain and saw that it had a very short line one day, so we went ahead and rode it and changed our FP to something else. It adds a LOT of flexibility over having to return to a ride at whatever time you get when we get a paper FP. There was a FP+ time we missed and we were able to go back and change it till later, even though it was past the time window. I think PF+ will really help with feeling less rushed, and less going back and forth across the entire park just to get to the ride you have a FP for. It was also great having the bands and not having to dig out cards when we needed them. Super great trip and we will definitely be back!
WyoDisney

Re: Trip Report Sept 19-24

Unread post by WyoDisney »

Thanks for your report. I am hoping to use FP+ the same way you did and expecting a beautiful resort and crowded buses.
Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding.

Thorpy

Re: Trip Report Sept 19-24

Unread post by Thorpy »

I agree regards standing on a bus. It's not really much of a hardship, and it can really make a difference to other families or the elderly.