Nov 23-29

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
6daniels

Nov 23-29

Unread post by 6daniels »

Riverside has always been our favorite place to stay! This stay was no different. However, very disappointed that the comforters are gone in the Royal Guest rooms! The first night we froze! The rooms do not have the same classiness when you walk through the door, and have been replaced with two white, dull sheets with a thin blanket in between. We did call down to housekeeping the next day and they did bring up more thin blankets for us, so if you like warmth be sure to ask for extra! This is our 3rd stay this year and the only time we have experienced a power outage at the resort, fortunately it came at 4 am. Not sure what the cause was, but it was out about 30 minutes.

I am a runner and love the trail between Riverside and FQ. After getting back from the parks, it was usually dark and the trail is very well lit. Easy to do 3 miles and very scenic!

We loved the magic bands! Never had a problem with them! Great time of year to visit, crowds weren't bad and buses weren't bad either. We ordered pizza delivered one night, it was the best!

Looking forward to our next trip!
MardiGroggy

Re: Nov 23-29

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

Thanks for the report. Always glad to hear folks have had a great time.

However, just let me get this straight: AFTER you were at the parks all day you came back to POR and went for a 3 mile run??? You have my sincerest admiration if you can manage that. :shock:

Very happy for you, of course, but in my case I would have to have a combination Magic Band/AED and a support team with a wheelchair if I even tried to walk that far after a day at any of the parks.

I'd be good with the pizza, however. :D
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
6daniels

Unread post by 6daniels »

Ok, so after literally laughing out loud at your post, thank you for making my day! Sorry it took so long to reply! I will keep an eye out for the MagicBand/AED wheelchair combination for you..... Hubby and I are returning for our first stay at FQ in February for a few days....any advice? Maybe this time I will get in my 3 miles while eating pizza, but only if that would make you feel better!! :)) Happy New Year!!!
MardiGroggy

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

I'm always happy when I can bring a little levity into someone's day. I think that laughter may actually be my main form of exercise. Anyway, I am certainly in awe of your endurance and enthusiasm!

As far as FQ goes for February, I'm afraid I can't be of much help. We have only stayed there once and we lucked out with being assigned room 5123 (Bldg. 5, corner room, right next to the pathway along the river) quite by chance. (We did book a king room.) It was great! We usually stay at Riverside, however, as the food options are a little better. FQ would certainly be our 2nd choice. I have not kept up with the FQ pool renovations thread, but if that is important to you, I would suggest checking that schedule. I think there will still be work going on during Feb.

We used to really enjoy Scat Cat's when Elliot Dyson was there, but alas, he was replaced by Tom Casey after the lobby renovations last summer. Mr. Casey is certainly a talented musician, but we stopped by one evening during our Thanksgiving visit and we only stayed about an hour. It was good music, but not the same dynamic show that Elliot was known for. We noted that the place was only about half full and there were a lot of people who were either carrying on their own conversations or texting vigorously on their "devices." (Which seemed to be at least providing them with some thumb exercise.) When Eliott was there it was standing room only and everyone seemed connected with the entertainment. That said, you might want to check out the show for a bit of quite relaxation. Otherwise, Yehaa Bob at the River Roost may be more in tune with your runner's energy level.

Meanwhile, at my age, my exercise motto is: "No pain is...well, no pain!" :D

Hope your February visit is, as they say, magical! And, a Happy New Year to you also!!!
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"