3rd time at POR 11/5 thru 11/11

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
JohnB

3rd time at POR 11/5 thru 11/11

Unread post by JohnB »

We just finished our 3rd time at POR. This trip was to celebrate our 35th anniversary. We caught an early (710am) flight, and got into Orlando just before 10am. We made our way to the Magical Express, and found plenty of company. Waited about 1/2 hour for our bus that this time only stopped at the French Quarter, then Riverside. We just went to the check in line, and asked, if possible for a ground floor room in bldg. 80 (Acadian House) where we had stayed the 2 previous times. We headed over to get some lunch, and got a text with a room number. We went over and lo and behold it was the room right next door to where we had stayed the previous trip! Great start, and it kept right on going.

We utilized the dining plan, because it works for us. Wife is a celiac, we don't have dinner out very often, and having it already paid for just makes it less stressful. We had wonderful meals at Cape May (Beach Club), 50's Prime Time (DHS), Le Chefs de France (EPCOT), Boatwrights, The Wave (Contemporary) and Tusker House (AK). Lunches were at Riverside Mill, ABC Commissary (DHS), Cookes of Dublin (DS), Pecos Bills (MK) and Flame Tree BBQ (AK). We used our snack credits to graze our way around World Showcase at EPCOT for the Food and Wine Festival, and got plenty of great food and treats there as well. Good thing we have to walk a lot!

It was in the low to mid 80's each day, so no sweatshirts needed. As usual, all the cast members were great and our timing seemed to be excellent. Our only long waits for a bus were the ME from the airport, and catching a bus from DS to the Beach Club, both between 25-30 minutes. I don't believe we waited any longer then 10 minutes besides those two times. We inquired about using one of the Minnie Vans from the Beach Club, but you have to be staying at the resort to utilized them. Also figuring out that it was easier to use the bus to DS to make connections, as their is now a bit more of a walk then when the stops were located at the Marketplace end of DS.

We also did the Caring for Giants tour at AK, and I can recommend it if you are interested in behind the scenes efforts regarding the elephants. It also was great that we were the only 2 for our time slot.

The time all flew by, and next thing we knew, we were looking at the long lines for TSA at the airport. I can understand why the moved the depart times for ME to an hour earlier.

We still did not do half of what we wanted, but it was all good, and just more to look forward to next time. Had our first Dole Whip, saw YE HAW Bob, and even though we no nothing about the story, Pandora was terrific.
Last edited by Admin on November 18th, 2017, 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Added a few line breaks to make this a bit easier to read)
Admin
Site Admin

Re: 3rd time at POR 11/5 thru 11/11

Unread post by Admin »

Glad you had such a good time, you packed a lot in there even if you didn't manage to do everything (I don't think that's even possible in a single trip to be honest).

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Fisdeetnut

Re: 3rd time at POR 11/5 thru 11/11

Unread post by Fisdeetnut »

Thanks for the advice, it was very helpful to me.