Refurbishment

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
LaurenB

Refurbishment

Unread post by LaurenB »

Hello! Has anybody been at POR recently? I am staying in June 2019, I'm wondering if refurb work on the buildings has started? I'm hoping for building 80 or 85, also hoping that it will be done by then. I know it's a long way off, but at least if they have started, maybe we will see some progress! Thanks!
LSC_Mike

Re: Refurbishment

Unread post by LSC_Mike »

Hi LaurenB - We are headed down next week so we've been keeping tabs on this. Here is the schedule that was posted by this site. I'll check back in next week with an update on our experience. https://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php
LaurenB

Unread post by LaurenB »

Thanks! I did see the schedule. I was hoping things would be progressing quickly :) Looking forward to you review!
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

To confirm, work on building 37 is currently in progress, as per the news page.

https://www.facebook.com/portorleans.or ... 3696129222

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Mgrayar

Unread post by Mgrayar »

Has there been any new buildings started lately. The Refub update page on this site shows none in progress with several completed. Any buildings currently in progress? Trying to figure out room request. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

There seems to be a pause at the moment before they carry on to the 20s buildings.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
aandrewdixon

Unread post by aandrewdixon »

Hi,

Any update on the refub work? We are going to be visiting Riverside in mid-October, do you know if all the room will be done by then or should I request a refub'ed room?

Thanks.

Andrew.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

I've not heard anything official, but the rumour is that work will recommence in March. They would mean probably all of Alligator Bayou will be done by October, and they should be on to the first of the mansion buildings by then. I'll post more as soon as I know anything specific.

Andre
aandrewdixon

Unread post by aandrewdixon »

Thanks Andre and thanks for the excellent site, so much great info. :D
katmomdu

Unread post by katmomdu »

Hi, We stayed in building 28 the 1st week of April and they were working on buildings 25 and 26, our building had not been started on yet. We never heard the workers except when they were moving furniture out. We did chat with a couple and found out that Disney rents the furniture in the rooms, which i never knew before. Unfortunately I did not get pictures of movers, part of the parking lot was blocked off with containers. They are working quickly, I found a few posts on line of the remodeled rooms and not sure how I feel about the new look. I like carpeting but sure understand the ease of cleaning the new flooring. We are going back in September, staying in a preferred room, staff had told us they should be completed by then but the preferred rooms had not been started as of April. One upgrade we are looking forward to is the new USB charging.
RiverRooster

Unread post by RiverRooster »

They are currently working on buildings 14 and 15 (June 17, 2019). It appears as if the other AB buildings are done.
DulcieLynn

Unread post by DulcieLynn »

Does anyone know if buildings 14 and 15 have been completed now? We arrive on the 4th and requested building 14. Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

I haven't had definite confirmation, but I would have thought 15 should be open by now, and 14 (if not already) certainly ought to be within the next week or so. I assume you have either a Preferred Location, River View or King Bed booking, as those are the only room categories in building 14.

Andre
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Buildings 14 and 15 are now open, so you'll be fine checking in tomorrow.

Andre
JEL59

Unread post by JEL59 »

I have a trip scheduled 9/28-10/5, when and how can I find out what room I’ll be in (king bed)?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

JEL59 wrote: July 12th, 2019, 10:00 am I have a trip scheduled 9/28-10/5, when and how can I find out what room I’ll be in (king bed)?
Your room assignment will be given to you at check-in. If you use online check-in and have received your magic bands, they will text you the number as soon as it has been confirmed as cleaned and ready for you.

King Bed rooms are located all around the resort, in any building and with any view, so it would be worth putting in a request for the area/view that you'd prefer in the hopes they can arrange that for you.

Andre
gillmcareavey

Unread post by gillmcareavey »

Hi - Hoping to go to PO Riverside June 2020 . I see the refurb at the Bayou rooms is complete . Does anyone know if the rooms in the Mansion buildings have or are scheduled for refurb & when ? Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Mansion Buildings are in progress. Acadian House (80) is partly complete, rest of rooms in progress. Magnolia Terrance (85) just started work this morning on its first wing.

Andre