July 9-14 POR Vacation

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
armywife1978

July 9-14 POR Vacation

Unread post by armywife1978 »

My husband and I stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort and loved it! We just returned yesterday. We were in room 8213 in the Acadian House and had a courtyard view on the second floor. It was really quiet and not too far from everything. About the only complaint I can even come up with about the resort was the bedding. I hated it. I had to keep remaking my bed every night before I got into it because the bottom sheet was always coming untucked from under the mattress and if I didn’t then I was sleeping directly on the mattress come morning. Other than that, I can’t come up with any other complaints. I would definitely go back to this resort.

We ate at the food court a couple of times. The burgers were okay. The make your own pasta bar was awesome, though! We purchased the refillable cups, but since we were on the dining plan didn’t really use them all that much.

We also enjoyed the pool. We always used the quiet pool right next to our building and loved it. We were always able to get chairs and it wasn’t too crowded. It was nice having the laundry room right there too. We were able to swim while doing our laundry! We went to the main pool once but they had it closed down for some reason and so we headed back to our building pool. We enjoyed the main pool bar while we were there, though.

We also managed to catch the end of Piano Bob’s performance one night. He was really funny. My husband even enjoyed him and it isn’t really my husband’s thing.

We didn’t have a whole lot of problems with transportation. We learned to catch the bus at the North Depot (which was closest to our room) because it was never full there. About the longest we ever had to wait for a bus was 10-15 minutes. We did learn that if we caught the bus at the South Depot (which is where the main lobby is) that the bus was always full and we usually had to stand. We also took the boat to Downtown Disney a couple of times and that was by far our favorite way to travel around!
Highlander357

Re: July 9-14 POR Vacation

Unread post by Highlander357 »

If you don't mind me asking, how did you use your 6 days? I'm going for 6 days in the middle of December and will be trying to do 2 days in Magic Kingdom, 2 days in Epcot and a day each in the Studios and Animal Kingdom.

This is not our first trip, so we are hoping to hit our favorites or things we haven't done yet.
RumbleseatCat

Re: July 9-14 POR Vacation

Unread post by RumbleseatCat »

We have never visited in the summer and was wondering how crowded or not crowded it was.
We're spoiled by our past visits during slow season but because DS is in High School now we can't take
him out of school like we used to.