stay July 12-16

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
lindad128

stay July 12-16

Unread post by lindad128 »

Had a super wonderful time at POR ~ went July 12 -16th by myself with my 2 youngest kids. Had a nice room in Oak Manor (9263 ~ a nice corner room facing the courtyard) great easy location ~ near both pools, food court, etc. Room was clean and nice (not deluxe but you are not paying deluxe prices) and I was very pleased.

Was on the dining plan and ate just in the food court ~ food was good (especially the made to order pasta!) and servers were wonderful. (bought the refillable mug but didn't really need it because you get quite a lot of drinks with the regular meal plan.)
Loved Loved the cleaning lady assigned to our room ~ left us 4 towel animals for each day we were there and my kids loved it!!!
Used both the ol man island pool and the pool near our room & both were great (loved the waterslide!!)
Used the buses and transport that way was pretty good ~ only problem was on the "boat transport" from Downtown Disney ~ took my about 2 hours to get back (told to get on wrong boat & then set out again & was sent back due to bad weather & then waited at least a 1/2 hour more for bus back to hotel......that was crazy!!!)

All in all ~ POR was well worth the money & thoroughly enjoyable! Also this forum is great & really helped me make the decision to book at POR!!!