Live update from the Port

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
since1970

Live update from the Port

Unread post by since1970 »

We're at the Riverside now and have been here since October 6. Here's a quick update. 

After a week only I know my way around Riverside. My family is still making wrong turns. The mansions are huge. 

Although you can only use the refillable mugs at the resort, people do bring them to the park. Even if you bring it empty, you can fill it with  the left over drinks you'll have from quick service meals--those drinks are huge! Carabiners are popular for hanging empty mugs from a belt loop. 

Cab ride from Animal Kingdom Lodge (probably the furthest point from the Port) was $20. Except for that cab ride, which we took because of a downpour, we've used the buses. We got to Animal Kingdom Lodge with buses via EPCOT with no waits at any stop and made it in 30 min--but that was luck. Don't plan on that timing. 

There was a steady rain from Friday afternoon through Sunday morning. That was our Magic Kingdom day. It was really bad. Heads covered with panchos, constantly looking at the ground to avoid huge puddles. We had to run a dryer load of shoes on Sunday. The only thing that saved the weekend was Yeehah Bob at the River Roost. He is Disney's most animated character. My DD12 loved him. Be prepared to gallop around the room--yes, literally. As Bob says, "go ahead, you'll never see the people again."

If you get here at night, all the bulbs in the room are CFL, so they start dim. We looked around for more lights when we got in and by the time we realized there weren't any more, the room was bright. 

--Dave
since1970

Re: Live update from the Port

Unread post by since1970 »

Forgot to add, all buses stop at all the bus stops. I was worried that some might stop at only the mian stop (South), but I haven't been on one that didn't make all Riverside depot stops.

--Dave
Michalhassi

Re: Live update from the Port

Unread post by Michalhassi »

This place very famous for its unique beauty and attractive for the child. I also visit last 3 months with family and do end of time fun. I thing some time should be spend at this type of tour for get relief from daily routine working tensions.