Royal Rooms!!!!

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
Spiveyam

Royal Rooms!!!!

Unread post by Spiveyam »

Just returned from our stay at Riverside. We got an upgrade to a Royal Room.
It works to fax in a request...I had originally reserved a preferred room but really wanted to stay in
Oak Manor because we had stayed their previously. So, I had faxed a letter in requesting a room we had previously
stayed in and it just happened to be a royal room!! Magical things and wishes do come true!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Royal Rooms!!!!

Unread post by Admin »

Congratulations - seems like dreams do come true after all!

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Sherrkel

Unread post by Sherrkel »

Hi - we're interested in reserving a river view royal room in Oak Manor; based on your stay, how was the convenience to bus stops (south depot from a river view roooms - front of the building) or the East depot? How far was the walk to the food court, and on to the pool? I'm worried about FIL who has some issues walking longer distances. Thanks! :)
Real mad hatter

Unread post by Real mad hatter »

Unless you've got problems walking 200 metres,then you'll find it ok.First time we stayed at PORS all we read about was this huge spread layout resort.Rubbish ! In three weeks we return for our third stay and trust me,if it was that bad,I would be heading elsewhere.The grounds are beautiful,food court one of the best on Disney property,pools a plenty,OM & PP which are now royal rooms awesome.Have a magical time.
Bern1e

Unread post by Bern1e »

couldnt agree more personally im looking forward to the relaxing grounds and a walk around it . picked the resort with that in mind :)
Sherrkel

Real mad hatter wrote:Unless you've got problems walking 200 metres,then you'll find it ok.First time we stayed at PORS all we read about was this huge spread layout resort.Rubbish ! In three weeks we return for our third stay and trust me,if it was that bad,I would be heading elsewhere.The grounds are beautiful,food court one of the best on Disney property,pools a plenty,OM & PP which are now royal rooms awesome.Have a magical time.
Thanks Mad hatter - have you stayed in OM? It seems like the river view rooms would be most convenient to the south depot bus stop, food court and then a bit further to the pool - is that a correct assumption? If we went with a standard RGR room we'd probably end up in the back, which wouldn't be so bad for me, but again, any few meters less than 200 my FIL has to walk is good . :D
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, the River View rooms in Oak would be about the closest RGRs to the food court/South bus depot/etc. However some of the next rooms just around the corner from the River View section are classed as Garden View or Water View (swimming pool) so you could book those and request a room as close as possible to that bridge to the main buildings, mentioning that this is for mobility/accessibility reasons.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
UnlikelyDisFan

Unread post by UnlikelyDisFan »

I believe you mentioned in another post having stayed at the Coronado Springs resort, having stayed at both myself unless you were in the 9B or 1D buildings in CS you really will have a much shorter walking regimen as far as the main building and bus stops. While it looks bigger in some representations I assure you that the layout is much more compact than you might expect and easier to navigate than the CS.
Sherrkel

Admin wrote:Yes, the River View rooms in Oak would be about the closest RGRs to the food court/South bus depot/etc. However some of the next rooms just around the corner from the River View section are classed as Garden View or Water View (swimming pool) so you could book those and request a room as close as possible to that bridge to the main buildings, mentioning that this is for mobility/accessibility reasons.

Andre
UnlikelyDisFan wrote:I believe you mentioned in another post having stayed at the Coronado Springs resort, having stayed at both myself unless you were in the 9B or 1D buildings in CS you really will have a much shorter walking regimen as far as the main building and bus stops. While it looks bigger in some representations I assure you that the layout is much more compact than you might expect and easier to navigate than the CS.
Thank you both - we'd really like to try the royal rooms but were just nervous about the walking for my FIL, I feel better knowing it's not that bad :)
Clifford8100

Unread post by Clifford8100 »

Real mad hatter wrote:Unless you've got problems walking 200 metres,then you'll find it ok.First time we stayed at PORS all we read about was this huge spread layout resort.Rubbish ! In three weeks we return for our third stay and trust me,if it was that bad,I would be heading elsewhere.The grounds are beautiful,food court one of the best on Disney property,pools a plenty,OM & PP which are now royal rooms awesome.Have a magical time.
I'm totally agree with you.You'r 100% good here that the grounds are beautiful,food court one of the best on Disney property,pools a plenty,OM and PP which are now royal rooms awesome.Have a wonderful time.
Clifford...
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
LisaTC

Unread post by LisaTC »

Just a quick inquiry...I was looking at the photos of the Royal rooms and please tell me there is a pocket door to the bathroom area and not just a curtain! :o Thanks!
pdrazine

Unread post by pdrazine »

The curtain is between the room and the sinks/dressing area. There is a solid door between that and the room with the toilet and shower. Not sure it's a pocket door tho.
LisaTC

Unread post by LisaTC »

pdrazine wrote:The curtain is between the room and the sinks/dressing area. There is a solid door between that and the room with the toilet and shower. Not sure it's a pocket door tho.
Great, thanks! Can't wait. Just wondering if I should upgrade to garden view or wing it and ask for Oak Manor ...don't know what to do!