My stay @ Riverside June 2012

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
SleepingLouise

My stay @ Riverside June 2012

Unread post by SleepingLouise »

We visited from the London UK, I had thoroughly planned out my 2 week stay at Riverside as it was for my 21st & mine & my partners 3 year anniversary. We had requested to stay in the newly refurbished Royal Guest Rooms, however when we were taken to our room we found it was a newly refurbished Magnolia Bend room. Although it was a lovely room, it was not what i had hoped. So my partner called reception, and they upgraded us to a royal guest room - FOR FREE!
This hotel is truly amazing, the views we had from our room with the magic fountain, the Sassagoula River, and the movies on the lawn at night was truly splendid. Our stay was ruined when my purse got stolen from our room whilst we were out, losing me my drivers license, $2000 dollars, and my credit card. The hotel manager was so helpful however and the OC Sheriffs came to our room, took statements, and ended up staying in our room until 12:30am! Just chatting to us and saying that the next we came to Florida, to give them a call and they will show us the other side of Florida, (not Disney).
The Disney Dining Plan is fantastic and saved us tons of money! the food was scrumptious and i have googled a recipe for french toast! I am returning to Florida in 2014 and will definitely consider staying at POR and i am also contempltaing joining Disney Vacation Club when we become more financially stable!! :D :D
carrotcruncher

Re: My stay @ Riverside June 2012

Unread post by carrotcruncher »

Sorry to hear of your theft.

We inadvertently left two iPads on the table charging up rather than putting them in the safe one day - it wasn't until the evening that we realised we'd done it - with trepidation we inserted the key card and opened the door - to find both sitting there still - much relief was had
pdrazine

Unread post by pdrazine »

I was wondering if iPads would fit in the safe. Sounds like they do.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, an iPad will fit in the safe, but not a lot else as they are really just designed for documents/money/jewelery/etc.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
pdrazine

Unread post by pdrazine »

Thanks. I used the safe the last trip but didn't have an iPad then!