Back From September Royal Room Visit

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
carolina24

Back From September Royal Room Visit

Unread post by carolina24 »

Well we made it back Saturday night from an 8 night, night day dream vacation. We already booked a Royal Room with a riverview so I faxed in a request on Monday before we left on Friday and requested a room as close to the foot bridge to the main building as possible. I did the online check in before we left. We arrived at MCO around 11:30 a.m. and the Magical Express had us to the resort by 12:30. Because I had done the online check in, I had no wait getting my packet and our room was ready so we did not have to wait until 3. We were given room # 7329 in Parterre which was perfect! We had a corner room, so two windows. One overlooked the quiet pool and the other overlooked the Sassagoula. The foot bridge to the main building was right at the end of our path, so with the exception of being on the second floor, we were as close as we could be. The second floor gave us the perfect view however, and it was nice and quiet. The resort was gorgeous! We rested for a little while and the headed to Downtown Disney to see La Nouba. When we got back to our room at about 9 that night, our luggage was waiting for us in our room, just as advertised. I don't think we ever waited more than 20 minutes for a bus at any point of the trip, there might have been once when the bus was too full for us to ride, but another bus pulled up right behind it. Our room was beautiful. The beds were very comfy, and I thought the furnishings were fabulous! We had plenty of room for the three of us, and could have easily had enough room for another. The fridge was plenty big enough to hold what we needed, we had plenty of hot water, and we never ran out of towels. Our Mousekeeper was great too. The first day we came back from the park, we had a towel monkey hanging from our lamp over the table. The second day, we had three little ghosts hanging there, and on my daughters birthday, she made her the cutest little doll, complete with dress, ribbons, eyes, and even makeup. She left it with a card saying it was a birthday present from Mickey Mouse. My daughter loves it and is still carrying it around. Mickey also called on Sammie's birthday and left a message for her telling her Happy Birthday, it was very special. We didn't eat at the food court too often, but we did get a few pizzas and thought they were very good, plus they were a good value for your credits. The day before check out I asked for a late check out and they granted it. The resort airline checkin service was a breeze, I highly recomend it! All in all it was a wonderful trip. The only complaint I can find is that is a little slippery around there! The steps to our room stayed wet constantly, due to the rain, mist, humidity, pool water, dew, whatever the case may be. I would really like to see them invest in some tread for those stairs. I busted once coming down them early one morning from the dew, and I saw several other people have the same issue, especially when your hands are full bringing back your hau from the parks!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Back From September Royal Room Visit

Unread post by Admin »

Glad you had such a good time and got a great room location, and that you loved POR as much as we all do. Did you ever get around to uploading the 'reveal' video when you told Sammie where you were going by the way?

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
carolina24

Unread post by carolina24 »

My sister is the one who took the video, so I am waiting for her to get it to me. She seems to be having technical issues, lol. I have not forgotten about it though! The trip was great, I did indeed love it. Sammie keeps saying "Mommy, I miss DIsney World", so I know it will not be too long before we go back!
pegrad1

Unread post by pegrad1 »

May I ask what type of view you had with your room? I wonder what the chances are to getting that same room number by request. Currently we have Royal Room River View booked.
Also, if you ordered pizza how does that work with your meal plan? Did it count as table services or quick/counter service points?
Your post made me even more excited about our choice of room!
We arrive in Disney World in 5 months & 20 days!