Review - POR King room, sept

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
dommiekazommie

Review - POR King room, sept

Unread post by dommiekazommie »

Hi all

This is my first time posting here, but thought i'd share my opinions on POR (hi Andre, I also posted this over on the disboards)

We just got back from 12 nights at POR, I throught i'd post a quick review for everyone else to see!

First off, i LOVE POR!!!! Ive stayed their once before, but staed at CBR last trip. it was DF's first POR trip, and we both agree it is just amazing, and wil def stay there as our mod of choice from now on! (although we did visit a few deluxe's on this trip, and now DF is talking about the Poly.... we'll see!)

WE checked in at about 8am on Sat 15th Sept, we were assisted by an excelent CM whose name escapes me, from Brisbane Australia (we saw a lot of Aussie Cms this trip, was great!). We had booked a king room, with an AB request (and no othe requests). Our room was ready straight away (YAY after 20+ hours of flying) and we headed straight over. we were in room 3956, which was a corner room. We had a beautiful garden view, but we didnt get to enjoy it, as our room was right next to the main staircase, so we had people walking past our room almost constantly, so we mainly kept the blinds closed when we were in the room (just dont like people to look in and see me beding down to put my shos on or anything, lol!)

We were maybe a 50m walk from the quiet pool, which was perfect! We cannot save enough good things about the uiet pool. we spend a good few hours relaxing there on the lovely sunlounges, even though the weather wasnt quite warm and sunny enough for us to actually go in! We never used the main pool, we were happy just to relax by the smaller pool, and the main pool always seemed a bit busy and loud for us! The kids we walked past always seemed like they were having fun though!!

We were about a 2 min walk from the North Bus stop, which I would say would be the perfect stop. we were always either the 2nd or 3rd stop, which was excellent, and we never had any bus issues at all. I dont think we waited anymore than say 15 mins for a bus at any stage, and even then generally waited less than 5 or 10 minutes. at the parks we also never had any issues. The only time we really had a long wait was at EPCOT leaving at about 10.30 on an EMH night, prob waited about 15 mins and got on the second bus which came by, and also one night at DTD where we had to wait on a second bus (this was because the party in front of us decided they didnt want to stand and would wait for the next bus, and did not move to let anyone past them). As far as standing goes, we did stand on nearly all occasions on the way home from the parks, but on about 50% of instances we did initially have seats, but gave them up for mums with kids etc. on the way too the parks i'd say we got seats about 75% of the time, whcih we thought was excellent. we're both ble bodied reasonably unfit 25 year olds, so we really have no probems with standing for such a short trip. Our only complaint about the bus service was having to listen to other guests complaining (although we did get a good giggle out of it... if your only problems on your awesome vacation to disney is having to fold your stoller to get onto a bus I think you can count ourself prettty lucky).

we caught the boat to and from DTD a few times, never had to wait more than 1 boat. I loved it, so nice and relaxing. DF however, did say he perfered the bus, quicker and less mossies!

What else? the whole resort is so beautifully landscaped. we saw a tonne of little gecko/lizzards, so cute!

The foodcourt was amazing, so many yummy options. we had a few meals there, and a couple of breakfasts later in the trip when we realsied we had a lot of quick service meals left over. My favourte was the make your own pasta and the yoghurt parfait in the morning, yummm! DF liked the nuggets (boring!) and the omlette in the morning. the red velvet cake and the choc muffins were also totally scrummy! I had an ice cream sundae for desert one day! Was HUGE, so much fudge and topping, I just got a stamp on my recip at the counter and went back and got it once i'd finished my meal, worked billrianlty!

We caught quite a few taxis durng our trip (lots of resort ADRs and a few off site shoing trips) and the guys at the main trasport area were just awesome, gt to know us after the first couple of trips and were super nice, always opening the doors for us.

The greeter who opens the doors to the main building (dont know his name sorry) is also super adorble! Always made sure to give us mickey stickers too, even though we were two adults, made us feel special, lol :)

Didnt get a chance to check out a full ye haw bb set, although listed fo about 15 mins and really enjoyed. he certainly had the croud in laughter! Also didnt get the chance to watch one of the movies, although could see them from the boat back from DTD, and they also looked like fun!

Overall I cant recomend POR highly enough!!! The only complaint I had was I would have liked more diet drinks for the re-fillable mugs