Wonderful stay.

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
clamesa

Wonderful stay.

Unread post by clamesa »

We stayed at POR Nov. 12 - Nov.22. The resort is beautiful and the staff very friendly. The check in was a breeze and when we got in our room there was a message from the front desk wishing we had a magical vacation.

Our room was near the East stop and that was convenient in the evenings after a long day in the parks. Our room was always clean, we had enough towels and toiletries. Our mousekeeper made animal towels and arranged the towels near the sink in a nice way.
The boat to DTD was fantastic, we used 4 times during our stay and just loved it. The buses run frecuently we never waited more than 5 minutes for any bus and always had a seat.

We ate a few times in the Riverside mill food court and the food was really good with a lot of options. The make your own salad was my favorite I tried the make your own pasta and it was good too.
We ate Dinner at the Boatwright's Dining Hall and it became a must do on future trips, the food was tasty, DH had the blackned fish and he does not eat much fish so I was worried but he said it was great. The service was very nice. We saw a couple with birthday buttons and all the servers sang the happy birthday (they mixed up with the song from Splash Mountain) and gave to them a bcard with ballons and necklaces. There is a lot to do in the resort but we did not have enough time.

Coronado Springs has been our home resort since we have DS and we tried a couple of others resorts before DS and yes we found good polite cast members, but the ones in POR are special and they will make you feel special or at least for 10 nights we had the luck of encountering the really happy ones.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wonderful stay.

Unread post by Admin »

Glad you had such a good time - and it sounds like we've got another convert on our hands. :)

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -