preferred booking guaranteed AB?

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
imgabby

preferred booking guaranteed AB?

Unread post by imgabby »

When I went to book a preferred room at Port Orleans Riverside today, my travel agent told me that I wouldn't be guaranteed a room with a pull-down bed because those are reserved for parties of 5 and we are a party of 4. If I book preferred, could we be placed somewhere other than Alligator Bayou without the pulldown bed? I can't see them putting us in a king room in that section. I'd like to share a bed with my husband and have the 2 kids sleep separately. Any insight would be great. Is my travel agent mistaken?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: preferred booking guaranteed AB?

Unread post by Admin »

Your travel agent is mistaken. A Preferred Location booking at Port Orleans Riversides guarantees you an Alligator Bayou room, all of which have the fold-down murphy beds (except for the specifically modified wheelchair accessible rooms). You would be in a standard or garden/bayou view room in buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27 only, as shown in blue below:

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -