Favorite Pool View Room

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Disneylvr

Favorite Pool View Room

Unread post by Disneylvr »

We were just switched from CBR (pool/water view) to POFQ (pool view). I am not sure we really want a pool view but I am not about to ask my travel agent to call Disney again after what we went through to get out of CBR due to the construction. What are your favorite pool view rooms? Does the pool AND the hot tub area close by 10PM? Do the pool view rooms tend to be noisy or are they well sound proofed? Just a bit worried about our daughter who has autism. Return to the resort midday is her quiet time away from the over stimualtion at the parks but she does LOVE to swim.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Favorite Pool View Room

Unread post by Admin »

There aren't really any bad pool view rooms at French Quarter, they are all in a very similar location. Ask for ground floor it you want to avoid stairs or the need for elevators and for quick access to the pool, or if quietness is more important to you then a top floor room will avoid the chance of having anyone in a room above you. Noise from the pool area isn't really an issue in the evenings, the doors are pretty solid. You might hear something in the afternoons when the pool party is on, but I really doubt it will be a concern.

The hot tub is meant to close at the same time as the main pool (which varies from 8pm in Jan/Fen to 11pm during peak summer times) but it's not always quite as rigidly enforced as the main pool.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Disneylvr

Re: Favorite Pool View Room

Unread post by Disneylvr »

Thank you! I have requested Building 5, top floor. We will be there during a busy time, 8 nights including Memorial Day weekend.