Hello Port Orleans

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
briant2001

Hello Port Orleans

Unread post by briant2001 »

Hi there

new to here, just booked our first family stay at Port Orleans Riverside - from Ireland - next summer July 2018!!

We really can't wait and we're loving all of the helpful information this site is providing!

Looks beautiful, I really hope it can live up to our expectations!

Brian
MardiGroggy

Re: Hello Port Orleans

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

Welcome Brian! Andre has put together a fantastic website here of all things related to the Port Orleans resorts. As I have told many people, there is more here than even the Disney websites, so have fun browsing. If you are coming in July 2018, there is plenty of time to plan your adventure, so don't be shy about asking questions. Someone here probably has an answer, or at least an opinion. :D The first thing I would say, being a Florida resident, is that you need to be prepared for hot and humid weather at that time of year. It is best in your planning to not overextend yourself as far as activities and schedules, and allow some down time for rest and recovery. I mention this because the convenience of being able to make advance dining reservations, FastPass+ choices and otherwise plan your activities can sometimes lull you into packing your schedule with all kinds of neat things to do. When you finally get here, time, distance, heat, your stamina, etc., can all start to derail the plans that looked so good from the comfort of your own home.

That said, I would be very surprised if Port Orleans disappoints you. Those of us who have spent a lot of time there know it has its quirks, but overall we consider it our "home away from home" for good reason. I hope you find it so!
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"