Allergy Question

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
precmom1967

Allergy Question

Unread post by precmom1967 »

With the recent hurricane, I know Disney allowed animals in their resort rooms (not just service animals). My daughter has terrible allergies to animal dander. Should I assume a deep cleaning has been done on these rooms? Don't need an Er trip on her honeymoon. Thank for any advice.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Allergy Question

Unread post by Admin »

I would not make that assumption, no. It's possible that some people may have brought animals with them but not informed the staff (as they were legally entitled to for those few days) and with everything else going on at the time, the resort may simply have not had enough staffing for a lot of additional room deep cleaning anyway.

All rooms get deep-cleaned at least once every 17 weeks on a rolling basis, but if you are concerned you could request a deep-clean on general allergy grounds rather than a specific concern about animals.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
precmom1967

Re: Allergy Question

Unread post by precmom1967 »

Thanks Andre. Love this site and the resort.