Royal Guest Suites - Theming Still Intact?

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
tiggernpooh

Royal Guest Suites - Theming Still Intact?

Unread post by tiggernpooh »

I just booked our Spring Break Royal Guest room at Port Orleans because I loved the theming when we stayed there a few years ago and am so tired of the lack of theming now at all the rooms around WDW. Can someone please let me know if these rooms still have their theming intact? Do they still have the bedspreads or have they also changed to the "hospital" look?

Thank you!
KateT
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Royal Guest Suites - Theming Still Intact?

Unread post by Admin »

Unfortunately the bedding is now all plain white, even the runner/bed scarf and decorative cushions are no more. :( I'm with you that it reduces the initial 'wow' factor when you first walk in, but sadly that seems to be the way all WDW rooms are going now. Personally I feel that rather than fresh and clean (which is what they are aiming for) it just comes over as bland and soulless, not just the desired clean but closer to sterile. The rest of the theming elements are still there though, including all the decor details and the illuminated bedheads.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
RiverRooster

Unread post by RiverRooster »

Considering the new sterile look Disney is going for I feel Disney should update the room pictures on their website to reflect the current rooms and not promote the fully themed look when they first opened. It seems a bit deceiving...
tiggernpooh

Unread post by tiggernpooh »

Thank you. I had a feeling the beds would be the all white look now. Yuck. At least I know what to expect and they haven't taken away the other fun elements - not yet anyway.

I agree that they really should update their photos. We almost stayed at Yacht club last year because I thought the rooms looked so cute with the nautical theming they showed on their website photos, until I came to find out they were refurbishing them all into the beige bland things they are now.

It's bad enough that their rooms are so poorly designed for families (2 beds doesn't cut it when you have a male and female kids older than 7 - they need separate beds. My daughter always ends up on an air mattress, except at AoA - then she gets a table! Not sure if my son would fit on the pull out anymore though)

If they ever take away the theming from the Royal Suites or Art of Animation - I'll definitely start staying off-site.

Thank you.
KateT