Port Orleans, Riverside Vs. French Quarter

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Bitterman

Re: Port Orleans, Riverside Vs. French Quarter

Unread post by Bitterman »

Hi, we've been to Disney twice and coincidentally stayed at each of these resorts. I think both are very nice "mid level" resorts and we had a good time at each. I think it comes down to what "style" you like. I definitely preferred Riverside over the French Quarter. If you like old style New Orleans do the French Quarter. We liked the more rural "feel" of Riverside. You can also walk between the resorts, and I think if you take the horse and buggy ride it also goes through both resorts. Food was very good at each place but can get crowded at meal times, especially breakfast. Riverside, as you noted, is bigger and much more spread out. You may have to do a good bit of walking to get from your room to the pool and restaurant areas. Port Orleans is more "city like" and compact. Again, we preferred the more open rural feel.

Both are very nice, and in typical Disney fashion well maintained and staffed with friendly people. You'll just have to decide if you want "city" or "country", lol :D
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Port Orleans, Riverside Vs. French Quarter

Unread post by Admin »

Also worth reading the FAQ on the subject, http://www.portorleans.org/faqs.php#Choice

(I do realise the OP was a spammer - their posts were copied from other websites - but the question and response might still be useful to other visitors)

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -