How Noisy Is Building 2 Non-Pool Side?

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
newtodisney

How Noisy Is Building 2 Non-Pool Side?

Unread post by newtodisney »

We are headed to POFQ this spring. Originally we wanted to do building 7 or 6 to be near the walk to POR for our resort day & to be near their pools. BUT the refurbishment now has us reconsidering.

Given the schedule posted here, buildings 2, 3, 1 and 5 will definitely all be done and 4 likely will be done by the time we are there. We have Garden View & don't want to be facing the area where the movies are shown since my kids are early-birds so we're doing rope drop not late nights.

Building 2 seems our best bet given that but I'm worried about noise - how noisy is the garden-facing side of building 2? Or would Building 1 be not that much further away from POR and so the safer bet?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: How Noisy Is Building 2 Non-Pool Side?

Unread post by Admin »

Building 2 is not especially noisy - once you are inside the room, the doors are fairly sturdy. However if you are especially sensitive to noise then you might prefer to ask for a room away from the pool facing section (for pool-party noise) and also not too close to the river (boat horns as they approach/leave the dock) though; the courtyard facing side is very pleasant. But that would make your walk to POR a little less convenient of course, so see how the refurb program progresses and then sent a fax request shortly before you arrive.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
newtodisney

Unread post by newtodisney »

Thank you!!
Fisdeetnut

Unread post by Fisdeetnut »

I really want to have a really great pool. I think it would be great.