First Timer! French Quarter room locations?

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Hibbard2373

First Timer! French Quarter room locations?

Unread post by Hibbard2373 »

Good Afternoon everyone from a sunny United Kingdom’ it’s my first post on here so not sure if this is the correct area to post. My question is we are traveling to WDW in August can’t wait!!!!! First time so was wondering where in the French quarter is the best rooms I.E which is closer to everything etc.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: First Timer! French Quarter Room Locations?

Unread post by Admin »

Hibbard2373 wrote: June 25th, 2018, 9:29 am Good Afternoon everyone from a sunny United Kingdom’ it’s my first post on here so not sure if this is the correct area to post. My question is we are traveling to WDW in August can’t wait!!!!! First time so was wondering where in the French quarter is the best rooms I.E which is closer to everything etc.
Hi from an equally warm Birmingham - but this is nothing to what you can expect in Florida in August! :) Although there will at least be some more rain over there, which helps a bit.

French Quarter is pretty small so there really aren't any bad locations. Buildings 2, 5 and 4 are the most central, but 6 is also very nice. It does depend on what category of booking you have made though, see https://www.portorleans.org/room-locations.php for more information and ideas.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Hibbard2373

Re: First Timer! French Quarter Room Locations?

Unread post by Hibbard2373 »

Thank you from getting back to me’ that is very much appreciated is that Birmingham Alabama by any chance. I know we’ve been researching the weather out there and have seen it can be hot’ currently it’s 27c here in wales UK with 48% humidity, we are having a heat wave from Spain and its lovely and still sat out my garden getting a tan for Florida.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: First Timer! French Quarter room locations?

Unread post by Admin »

Nope, Birmingham UK. A little bit to right from you. :)

And yes, it's nice and warm here today too. Florida in August will be a good deal hotter, though - and 100% humidity is the real factor that makes you want to run from one air conditioned building to the next! I'll be there the first two weeks in August, and fully expect "surface of the sun hot" temperatures. We usually prefer the last two weeks in Aug, as the American schools have gone back by then but UK schools are still on holiday (which we need), but we need to be back for daughter's exam results day this year.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -