Noisy Teenage Tour Groups at POFQ ?

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Riodin

Noisy Teenage Tour Groups at POFQ ?

Unread post by Riodin »

Hi,

Our holiday at POR this April/May was disrupted and spoilt by the noise and behaviour of some of the about 600 teen individuals staying at the resort.
They were part of cheer and dance groups and although they did have leaders going round with them they were totally ineffectual at any sort of control.

The behaviour was quite shocking! What should be a peaceful calm resort was more like a football stadium with chanting etc at 10pm at night and the quiet pools were noisy and chaotic.
Once groups of them descended everyone else got up and left as they divebombed into pools amid shouting and screaming. One day our possessions were knocked flying !

That said apart from that we really liked the resort particularly when we walked over to POFQ and found it much more peaceful over there.

Next time we would only consider POFQ but do wonder if they ever get noisy tour groups also at times? Or as it is a smaller resort do they not house them there?

Any experience of this anyone please ?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Noisy Teenage Tour Groups at POFQ ?

Unread post by Admin »

French Quarter is probably less likely to house the cheerleading or other sports group events, but it's not unheard of for overspill to be needed. While they are just having fun, it does spoil the tranquil atmosphere of these resorts when they are there.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Riodin

Unread post by Riodin »

Thanks for your reply Andre.

I know it sounds like I am a killjoy but the behaviour was way above the just having fun level :-(
We were not the only holidaymakers to complain.

I would think that due to the sheer numbers the booking prices for these groups is relatively cheap per head and Disney are not going to turn away the big business.
However it seems it is at the expense of the full paying other guests..........we paid a lot of money to stay here and even pushed the boat out for a garden view room.

What was billed as a calm peaceful even romantic resort turned into anything but so we were very disappointed.

The parks were also full of these groups but in the hubbub of the park atmosphere it was far more tolerable but in the resort it was totally inappropriate behaviour.

Such a shame as it is a beautiful resort and as long as you avoid the time these tour groups are there your impressions would be completely different.

Do you think if I made a booking at POFQ next time I could request a room not in a block used for tour groups in view of my bad experience this year?

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Riodin wrote: June 27th, 2018, 4:19 am Do you think if I made a booking at POFQ next time I could request a room not in a block used for tour groups in view of my bad experience this year?
It's far less likely to happen at POFQ as it's a much smaller resort, but there's no harm at all in asking for a quiet area and noting your unacceptably bad experience on the last trip as an example.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Riodin

Unread post by Riodin »

Thank you
I shall definitely try that.
Megsmum

Unread post by Megsmum »

You are not alone, there are several posts on other forums about this. I am not unduly worried BUT I will forcefully complain if teen behavior ruins my holiday. I’m not paying the equivalent of $6500 for a two week stay to listen to screeching teenagers . Sorry. If they’re unable to behave and keep noise levels down then they should not be at resorts with families. There have been reports of rowdy behavior of an evening and families unable to enjoy the pools. I too, am not being a kill joy but there’s a time and a place