Using the gym at Old Key West resort

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Cockney

Using the gym at Old Key West resort

Unread post by Cockney »

Hi all

We are staying at POR soon and as there are no proper exercise or spa facilities I wondered if anyone has managed to arrange using the facilities in any of the nearby resorts, namely the Old Key West Exercise Room. I've read that you're only allowed to use facilities at your own resort but considering they're all Disney locations and the amount of money being spent I'd hope a friendly chat with a concierge and a tip might swing something? I'm aware there are trails for jogging, renting a bike or swimming at POR but was hoping to do something a bit heavier after working on my fitness for the holiday and the sheer amount of calories I'm going to be consuming over 3 weeks in Orlando!! :D

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Mageeno

Re: Using the gym at Old Key West resort

Unread post by Mageeno »

That's a really good question. I would think there shouldn't be any problems with this, right? I'm sure if you ask them, they'd be happy to help out and let you use any gym you want.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Using the gym at Old Key West resort

Unread post by Admin »

Unfortunately, gyms are regarded as an exclusive perk of the resort in question, and they don't officially allow other guests to use them. The same applies to resort swimming pools.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -