Stressing out over location....

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Dncnhpy1

Stressing out over location....

Unread post by Dncnhpy1 »

Help! I really want to try POR for fall next year, but I'm having an annoyingly hard time deciding which building to pick. I want to be near the first depot pick up for the parks and in the AB location. Suggestions?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stressing out over location....

Unread post by Admin »

To guarantee an AB room you can now book "Standard View - 5th Sleeper" or "Garden View- 5th Sleeper". The 'Standard' rooms face the parking lots, so are closest to the edge of the resort and thus nearer to the outlying bus stops (West Depot is the first pickup, then North). However that also means being about as far away from everything else at the resort as you can get. Is being the first person on a bus really that important to you, especially as it makes overall the journey 10 minutes longer, when compared with being conveniently located for everything else the resort has to offer? Also, remember that you can't definitively pick buildings anyway, only put in a (non-guaranteed) request.

Or you could book Preferred Location and know that you'll be in an AB room pretty close to most locations, including the South bus stop (which is last pickup before bus heads to the parks, so the shortest journey). That would be my preference. OK, sometimes you might find you'll need to stand on the bus, but that also applies (even more so) on the way back from the parks anyway, so I'd prefer to stand for maybe 10-15 minutes over being stuck out in a more remote location for the whole of the rest of the stay.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -