Last Minute trip and getting an accessible room

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Cruz77

Last Minute trip and getting an accessible room

Unread post by Cruz77 »

I'm planning a trip and was able to snag a Standard room for next week but I need it to be accessible. What is my best route to make sure I get what I need??
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Last Minute trip and getting an accessible room

Unread post by Admin »

I would suggest you contact the Spacial Needs / Accessibility team on 1-407-939-7807, they should be able to help get you the room you need. You could also try faxing the resort directly (can now be done up to 30 days out) but I'd try the Accessibility phone number first.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Cruz77

Unread post by Cruz77 »

Thank you for the quick response. I already tried the accessibility dept and they are telling me there are no rooms available with the roll in shower like I need. I wonder if there is a way for me to contact the resort directly? I do not have FAX...
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

If all of the rooms with roll-in showers are already sold during the period you are going to be there, there's not going to be very much that they can do about it, unless someone else cancels. The people you need to contact are the new Central Inventory Management team (based at Team Disney) but they are not guest-facing and you can't speak to them directly. The only official way to definitely get a message to them is to fax.

You could try calling the resort phone number (ask to be connected to the actual resort, as a call-center will answer your call initially) and ask if they can possibly contact Central Inventory Management on your behalf. They might be able to see if there is anything available in another booking category and upgrade you?

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -