Cleaning protocols after reopening?

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
mamabunny

Cleaning protocols after reopening?

Unread post by mamabunny »

Obviously, Disney hotel rooms in general are always well-cleaned, but I was wondering: Do we know if Disney will do some kind of special "deep-cleaning" on these room that have sat closed for more than 500 days? (Still kind of boggles the mind!)

Unless the AC units were run regularly, they will probably be kind of gross, and I'm hoping that someone came through on a schedule and flushed toilets, and ran water down all the drains. I presume that the beds were (hopefully) all stripped prior to closure, but if the linens for all of the rooms were just stored, at best they will be "stale"... at worst, they - well, let's not even contemplate that. No one wants to think about moldy sheets and towels.

My logical brain knows that Disney has done this before (see also Post-9/11 closures) but this was so much longer. Do we have any idea how the Resorts will be "reopened" and what will be done to insure that the rooms are really clean, and ready for Guests?

And, even once opened - is Disney still using the COVID cleaning protocols they developed previously?
The evening star is shinin' bright. So make a wish and hold on tight. There's magic in the air tonight, and anything can happen...
The Princess & The Frog, Disney Studios, 2009
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cleaning protocols after reopening?

Unread post by Admin »

I'm sure they have plans in place to deep clean everything before re-opening, and also to run & service the AC units as needed (if they have not had them on periodically anyway, to help keep moisture levels down).

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
mamabunny

Unread post by mamabunny »

Admin wrote: July 13th, 2021, 1:24 pm I'm sure they have plans in place to deep clean everything before re-opening, and also to run & service the AC units as needed (if they have not had them on periodically anyway, to help keep moisture levels down).

Andre
That's what I have presumed; was just curious if anyone had heard anything concrete, or knew how they had reopened other Resorts.

Sadly, I won't get to return to my beloved POFQ until probably Jan 2022 (meaning it will have been 2 full years since I was there last, which is literally the longest I have been absent from WDW and the Port Orleans Resorts for 15 years!)

Of all the places I travel, I trust Disney the most to take of me and my family (and all of the other Guests) as we visit. I am so very happy that Port Orleans will be fully open again before November 1st! I can't wait to set sail on the Sassagoula again, and spend those happy hours relaxing at our favorite Resort!!!

Thank you, again Andre for keeping us all connected to our Disney Home!
The evening star is shinin' bright. So make a wish and hold on tight. There's magic in the air tonight, and anything can happen...
The Princess & The Frog, Disney Studios, 2009
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

You're welcome. It's nice to actually have something to report on for a change.

A lot of what will happen on re-opening day is pure guesswork at the moment, for example they'll presumably have to re-assign most of the cast member and management positions again and many will have gone down other routes by now.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -