Bed bugs at Riverside? [Topic moved from News forum]

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
JOYCEPOND

Bed bugs at Riverside? [Topic moved from News forum]

Unread post by JOYCEPOND »

We are supposed to be coming in sept....however i am thinking about staying in lake buena vista,across from downtown Disney...i have read 1 to many reports about bed bugs in port Orleans!thought it was just a bunch of jerks at first,but had a family member who stayed there just last week and they did in fact encounter bed bugs.this is in riverside,and that is where we were planning on staying seeing how we are a party of 5 and need the trundle.have u heard anything on this bed bug situation?thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bed bugs at Riverside?

Unread post by Admin »

Bed bugs can occur anywhere, at any hotel (or home!) regardless of how expensive or who runs it. They are brought in by the previous - or even current - guests, not by a lack of care on the part of the hotel staff. I've never come across them in nearly 20 years of visiting DIsney, but that's not to say that it can't happen of course. But no, it's definitely not a regular situation.

It is my understanding that Disney does take any occurences VERY seriously, and if reported and confirmed they will completely strip and clean the rooms and remove the bugs before allowing any new guests in. But of course they can only do this when it is reported to them, or if their staff find bugs during routine cleaning.

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
JOYCEPOND

Re: Bed bugs at Riverside? [Topic moved]

it was reported and all their clothes and other belonginings heat treated,they said they were very helpful,moved the room etc....but were surprised that there were new people in the room just 2 days later.also some of their clothes were damaged when they were returned to them,but were compensated.i know bed bugs can occur anywhere,its just that now the thought is in my head and i cant get it out!we usually stay at the poly,not to say bed bugs couldnt be there as well,but we were trying not to spend so much money as to stay longer.i looked up reports on bed bugs and there was quite a few in port orleans just over the past few months,but how do i know if theses people are even telling the truth...guess the only way to find out is by calling!just wondering if anyone else had heard anything.thank you for your time.
disneygirl

Unread post by disneygirl »

we have stayed at POR so many times in the last 17 years and have never had any problems. I should think the chances of you having any problems are unlikely and remember people are far more likely to post bad reviews then good ones. Also in my experience, Disney are far more likely to act quickly and put things right. Have you ever had problems at the Poly? Well the odds are just the same at POR.
Go on give POR a chance and stay there, I bet you won't regret it..have fun.
First Visit to POFQ May 1995
Off site in Kissimmee June 1996 (never again)
POR nearly every year since although we did go to Wilderness Lodge one year which was also really nice.
Off site LBV this year 2011 (Wyndham LBV - was just OK but never again)
Disneyland Paris - too many times to count but prob about 20 (not a patch on WDW)
The hubby has been to Disneyland California but was too young to really remember much.
JOYCEPOND

nope,never any problems at the poly.ive stayed at port orleans before,but a long time ago,when it was dixie landings..i love it,its beautiful.thanks for your feedback!
diane

Re: Bed bugs at Riverside? [Topic moved from News forum]

Unread post by diane »

We've stayed at POR several times and never had any problems with bed bugs or any other bugs. Going again in August this year & can't wait.
lschaerer

Unread post by lschaerer »

I stayed at The Poly for the 1st time last year, and even there, I pulled up the sheets and looked at the mattress before putting my suitcase down. If you're concerned about the bedbugs, that's the fastest and easiest way to find out if the room is infested. BTW, they can even be in clothes you try on at a clothing store, and you won't be able to see them. At least you can see them on a mattress.
CharlesMonola

Unread post by CharlesMonola »

Yeah you absolutely right bed bugs can be at any place they can reach at any hotels not important that they be near River hotels or something,so its really ver important now a days that every hoteliers should take preventive measure and take bed bug treatments to keep their hotel safe from bed bugs so that their customers can have an pleasant stay.

[Admin edit: advertising link removed]
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Roff wrote:Doesn't sound too good as I hate getting bitten by bed bugs. Do they still have a problem with bed bugs these days?
You joined the forums to comment on a SIX year old post?! Please read the replies.

Bed bugs can occur anywhere, at any hotel (or home!) regardless of how expensive or who runs it. They are brought in by the previous - or even current - guests, not by a lack of care on the part of the hotel staff. I've never come across them in nearly 25 years of visiting Disney, but that's not to say that it can't happen of course. But no, it's definitely not a regular situation.

Disney takes any incidents VERY seriously, and if reported and confirmed they will completely strip and clean the rooms (and any affected guest possessions) and remove the bugs before allowing any new guests in. But of course they can only do this once it is reported to them, or if their staff find bugs during routine cleaning.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -